Old maple root

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Anyone interested in a old growth red maple root "ball"? If so make an offer via PM. Sure to be some wild grain in this one.

IMG_20170326_182513998.jpg

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Man, I would love to see what Stave could turn that into. W/ his creative mind and carving talent, I can see all kinds of creatures coming and going in there.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
That kind of looks like how I feel! :gar-La; That should have some really awesome grain patterns! You sure come up with some great wood Jeff.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
If you would like to use this for a table base I could leave a little bit of the log attached to the root "ball" to achieve desired table top height. No guarantee 4 big guys could move it though :)

Last edited:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
No takers? Flipped upside down it would make a unique / one of a kind table top base. Although I would hate to be the guy responsible for hand mortising all those root fingers into the top :)

Brogan

New User
I was thinking it would be interesting to flip it, but instead of a solid/wooden top, a glass one, so the cut root ball could be seen.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Sure would like to see what the taker of your gnarly maple stump creates from it Jeff. It could be a real show stopper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS