Old gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow. If it would fit in my shop, I'd say I'm super jealous. Since it wouldn't, I'm only slightly jealous. Nice score!!!!

Robb Parker

New User
Robb
It does take up some real estate. With a 10' stroke, you need +-22' of space. Reason for small saw is processing 4x8 sheets, I process 30-100 sheets of A1 veneer, mdf, and melamine per month. What a pleasure, plus much more efficient to do rips and crosscuts per sheet in one process.

It's also great with solid stock. Has a straight line shoe, so I can straight line rip rough lumber up to 10'. Almost don't use jointer to process rough lumber. At 2800 pounds, to say it's solid as a rock is an understatement. Stiles Machinery tech set up spot on accurate. After my 60" stroke I'm in heaven. Large investment in this economy though.

No problem cutting pen blanks, Fred, just keep your fingers out of the way!

Thanks for comments.
Robb

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Rob, that is one sweet looking saw! I like that "wimpy" air compressor in the background too... :gar-La;

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I thought that said OLD GOAT and I wanted to see who he was talking to, or about...
Then I thought 10 foot slide? That must be a typo....
Time to quit thinking - I'm no good at it!
Awesome machine!

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
How much does the FAA pay you for maintaining an emergency landing strip?

Awesome "Arne" there.

Go

Glennbear

Glenn
Congratulations Robb, with the volume of sheet goods you process monthly it seems to be a match made in heaven. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS