Ok, now's your chance to give Scott Smith a hand

Which day(s) can you come to help

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I just heard from Scott about his needs for help. He needs help this Sat(5th) and Sun(6th). This first will NOT be the glamorous "barn raising". It will be nasty, dirty clean up. I would advise than anyone coming bring some form of breathing particle filter. If you have any serious respiratory problems, I would recommend that you not come or find some tasks that will keep you away from the search & sort inside the structure. I personally will be using a either full face cartridge filter type of mask or a half face version of the same with goggles.

Here is what Scott had to say about his needs:
I can probably use 6 - 8 people or so each day; some sorting through the rubble inside and bringing it out, and a few more some sorting through it on tables outside and placing identifiable scraps in ziploc bags, etc.

As I mentioned before, my biggest need is to retrieve, identify and log anything from the rubble that can assist me with the insurance claim. the second need will be to separate what needs to go to the landfill versus what can be safely burned/burried. Example - roof shingles will go into the dumpster; wood siding and 2 x 4's can go to the burn pile (thus saving some dump fees).
I am attaching a poll which can act as a sign up sheet.
PLEASE DON'T MISUNDERSTAND:widea: THIS POLL WILL ACCEPT MULTIPLE SELECTIONS. YOU CAN SIGN UP FOR ALL 4 HALF DAYS:swoon:

Scott will probably add more info tomorrow.

Last edited:

GeorgeL

New User
George
Hi Steve,

I can be there late Saturday morning and all of Saturday afternoon

George

BTW Saturday is the 5th, Sunday is the 6th

J

jeff...

I'll be there all day Saturday and Sunday if need be - Dirt washes off :icon_thum

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Can some Rowan and surrounding folks go Saturday morning. How about a carpool from here? I will pay for a rental vehicle if we can get enough to go.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I will be there Saturday Morning to late Saturday afternoon regardless. I need directions from 85.

titan04

New User
Josh
I will be out of town this weekend, but I will be there any other time that I am around.... good luck all, this will be the dirty time... Don't forget to take some towels before you get back in your cars :p

J

jeff...

Just thought about this - I'll be coming from Oxford up 96 to US1 to 440 then back on US1 all the way to Scott's around by New Hill. So if anyone needs a lift that's along the way let me know - I got room for a extra person or two.

jeff_s_route.JPG

Thanks

T

toolferone

Okay, I just signed up for Saturday morning. What time we starting?

cptully

New User
Chris
My SIL and her husband are visiting July 3-5, so I will spend Sat morning with them but plan on heading over to help out Sat afternoon. Let me know if anyone else in Raleigh would like to carpool for the afternoon shift.

Chris
240-888-1021

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
I'm out of town this weekend, but can be available anytime after work during the week, (it doesn't get dark 'till 9...). Drop me a note as to when and where.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
:dontknow: Forgive me for being unable to assist the weekend of July 5 & 6. I am on-call at work, and cannot wander farther than 1 hour from Yadkinville (New Hill is a 2hr drive, one way).

Starting July 1, I am maxed out on vacation time, so I gotta use one day a month vacation, or lose the day. So just holler if you need some help during the week, or someone for a 3-day working weekend.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
i signed up for all day sunday. got other stuff planned for saterday that has been on the books for a while. will try to bring dozer and maybe his boy along. dont know his plans yet.

fred

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Unfortunately, it's the 4th of July weekend. I will have out of town family visiting, which is a long standing family tradition. I will be happy to help any other dates. Just can't make it this weekend. Sorry.

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
I signed up for all day Sat. Might be able to make it Sunday afternoon as well but won't know until later this week.

tv

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
This first will NOT be the glamorous "barn raising". It will be nasty, dirty clean up.
Good, since I don't have anything Amish to wear. Let's hope things stay dry until the weekend.

I'll be there for most of Saturday, not an early riser but I suppose I can make an exception in this case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors