Not open for further replies.

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
Actually Theres 2 of them

Bench Sander - $200

Date: 2010-07-22, 7:58PM EDT
Reply to: sale-rngsw-1857903230@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Tool Craft model 335A, Serial # 19903, 1/2 hp motor, mounted on 2 1/2' X 4' table, extra belts

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

3m13pe3o45Z25X05S5a7m57d0dbd359001b74.jpg

Wood Finish Planer - $3000

Date: 2010-07-22, 7:49PM EDT
Reply to: sale-mkugb-1857888975@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

9" X 24" planer with instruction book and tools, planer has electric and manual bed control, also has dust collecting system with 20 HP motor (which can be purchased separately)

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3nf3k43p05T55W35P3a7m34db28e914bd1232.jpg

Just remember the motor is not included but can be purchased.

Sully

New User
jay
Although I understand everyone's pessimism, especially with regards to the sander. However, that planer could be a real steal if the price could be negotiated down. It looks like heck, but that might just be dirt and dust.

A 24" planer of that caliber, aint cheap. In reasonable condition, I'd drop $1500-2000 on it and be happy with the purchase.

$0.02
J

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Although I understand everyone's pessimism, especially with regards to the sander. However, that planer could be a real steal if the price could be negotiated down. It looks like heck, but that might just be dirt and dust.

A 24" planer of that caliber, aint cheap. In reasonable condition, I'd drop $1500-2000 on it and be happy with the purchase.

$0.02
J

I don't disagree, but, that particular planer is missing the 20hp motor. The motor could run quite a few dollars, no?

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
I don't disagree, but, that particular planer is missing the 20hp motor. The motor could run quite a few dollars, no?

especially 20 HP motors on 24" planers..

My 20" helical only has 5 HP..

Sully

New User
jay
Oops, I guess I misread the ad. I was thinking the 20HP motor was for a separate dust collector for the planer. Has anyone confirmed that the motor for the planer is awol?

J

Dean Maiorano

New User
Dino
Yes,

I think you're misreading that. I take it to mean the planer comes with a DC, that has a 20 HP motor, that can be purchased separately (from the planer), if anyone is interested. Anyone else read it that way?

I appreciate the posting of these deals but I'm skeptical of the sander's valuation, it looks like it's mounted to a kitchen table. The planer does look like a deal at that price and it's in SSC (Standard Shop Condition). We all know how tools end up looking in an industrial setting, just like hotel rooms and rental cars after spring break.

Dean

Sully

New User
jay
Yes,

I think you're misreading that. I take it to mean the planer comes with a DC, that has a 20 HP motor, that can be purchased separately (from the planer), if anyone is interested. Anyone else read it that way?

Dean

Yes, that is exactly how I read it. Planer is complete. 20HP DC also available -- as a separate purchase.

J

Dean Maiorano

New User
Dino
I see where the problem was, there was confusion further up in the thread about the planer's motor. Sorry, I thought you were under that impression as well. In short, I misread your misunderstanding of the misreading. Woops!

Sully

New User
jay
FYI. I contacted the seller and received the following information (my questions are quoted below):

1) What size motor does it have on it? Is it single phase or 3 phase?
2) What kind of cutterhead does it have (straight knives or shelix)?
3) Was this used in an industrial or production setting?
4) Does the planer need any work or is it in working condition?
5) How heavy is it?

1. motor - 10 hp. I don't know the electric setup. My dad had it in his woodworking shop.
2. cutterhead - straight knives
3. was never in a industrial/production setting. My dad (when he retired) used is to make porch swings and small furniture
4. it is in good working condition
5. do not know the weight - very heavy - would fit in pick up truck
6. has instruction and parts manual, knife setting gage and adjustable feed bed (electric and manual)

Sully

New User
jay
And to add, being 10HP it is very likely to be 3 phase. There is a [very] slim chance it has a single phase 10HP motor.

Still could be a great deal ....
J -- who doesn't need to upgrade since he just fell into a 20" planer

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Today's CL has another good deal. "6.5 HP compressor + 10" table saw-$60." Compressor is 60 gallon DeVilbiss, two stage, with one blown cylinder, and only pumps to 60 PSI. Table saw has 2.0 HP,TEFC motor, missing pulley, broken fence etc. Either for $30, or both for $50. Cylinder can be repaired, with my bet being that the reed valves have trash under them, or check valve into tank is bad. 3450 RPM, 2.0 HP, TEFC motor is definitely worth $30, but is a better deal for $25 as part of the package. This is such a deal, that I'm almost tempted to drive the 50 miles over to see them:nah:. I'm SOUTHWEST Wake County, and they are located in NORTHEAST Wake County. So, last night I called my son who lives in east Wake Forest, and he's going to pick them up for me:gar-Bi.

Sully

New User
jay
Suckage in your direction, pending pictures.

Today's CL has another good deal. "6.5 HP compressor + 10" table saw-$60." Compressor is 60 gallon DeVilbiss, two stage, with one blown cylinder, and only pumps to 60 PSI. Table saw has 2.0 HP,TEFC motor, missing pulley, broken fence etc. Either for $30, or both for $50. Cylinder can be repaired, with my bet being that the reed valves have trash under them, or check valve into tank is bad. 3450 RPM, 2.0 HP, TEFC motor is definitely worth $30, but is a better deal for $25 as part of the package. This is such a deal, that I'm almost tempted to drive the 50 miles over to see them:nah:. I'm SOUTHWEST Wake County, and they are located in NORTHEAST Wake County. So, last night I called my son who lives in east Wake Forest, and he's going to pick them up for me:gar-Bi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS