Oh no a Yankee, a darn yankee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmakra

New User
George
Well it aint quite that bad but well on second thought ..........
The misses and I are moving to Tellico Plains TN in the spring.
My dad was a old world furniture craftsman I helped him as a kid.
I went into commercial HVAC now I am retired I want to get back into wood working and Tellico has more wood than mechanical things.
But It seems to have forgotten some stuff like what kind of flux does one use when welding wood?
It could be ole times disease kicking in, but I digress.

Kidding aside I am George and while remodeling the house, I fell back in love with wood working.
Had an old cheap Craftsman table saw that crapped out and I moved up to a Delta contractor saw which lead to a 1957 restored Unisaw that just purrs
and its such a pleasure to work with it.
Well you know one thing lead to another I now have a lot of old iron in very good shape.

I stumbled upon this forum and and looked in every once in awhile its a great group of guys that genuinely seem to care.

Any that's about it

George

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard George. Ask many questions...some one will have an answer

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Doggone Yankees are everywhere! What's this world comin too? Oh wait... what am i saying? im a yankee.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Welcome George! We have a tremendous wealth of knowledge so any and all questions are allowed. We also like Photos, progress and finished ones. Someone will post the link to the instructions how to post photos. Love to see that old iron of yours! Matter of fact, check out the thread for the January contest! It's about old power tools you still use. Feel free to jump in with a photo or a dozen and you just might win $25!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
George welcome to the sawdust pile. There are more Yankees here then you will imagine. You will fit right in.

JohnW

New User
John
Welcome to NCWW George. You are moving to a slice of heaven on earth. The drive along the Cherohala Skyway from Robbinsville NC to Tellico Plains TN is one of the best in the country. Great area for scenery, hiking, fishing, hunting. You should enjoy it.

gmakra

New User
George
John
actually we have been looking along Rafter road which is parallel and the next street over from the Cherohala Skyway.The wife AKA Shegator loves photography and that will keep her busy as long as she don't see snakes.
CrealBilly and ScottM that is really good news that there are Yanks on this site I thought there might be language barriers.
I was up all last nite practicing my greeting my greeting which sounds a lil like this, wuz amada Y"all.

​Do you think Ill pass for a native?

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
John
actually we have been looking along Rafter road which is parallel and the next street over from the Cherohala Skyway.The wife AKA Shegator loves photography and that will keep her busy as long as she don't see snakes.
CrealBilly and ScottM that is really good news that there are Yanks on this site I thought there might be language barriers.
I was up all last nite practicing my greeting my greeting which sounds a lil like this, wuz amada Y"all.

​Do you think Ill pass for a native?

Only if y'rn holding onto a passle o' cooters! :rotflm:

Bryan S

Bryan
Welcome to our little spot on the web George, glad to have you with us. There are lots of great folks here and some of them are from somewhere else, so you should fit right in. There is always someone willing to lend a hand or share some of their knowledge. Please do not be shy, feel free to join in a conversation and ask any question.

We like pictures and here are 2 links that will help show how to upload and post them.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/c...e-to-your-post

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/c...t-on-this-site

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Hey George, Welcome to the neighborhood.

I grew just down the road from Tellico Plains in Lenoir City, TN. Been in NC now for about 20 years though, still have family over there and get back 2-3 times a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS