Oh deer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Got reindeer in my shop. My wife suggested that I make some yard art for Ava's Kindergarten class garden area. They will be learning about reindeer next week, so I thought it would be cool if they all got to school and saw a bunch of reindeer outside.
I found this plan and picture on the web, and used it as my inspiration -

Christmas_Reindeer_Patterns.jpg

But I didn't feel like paying for the plan, or waiting for it to come by mail.
So I sketched up my own, simplifying it a bit. Hopefully if these don't walk away from the school, they will be easy to store and re-use by the teachers for next season.

My rendition, still needing a paint job, but that's Audrey's area of expertise -

Reindeers_and_Ava_with_Legos_008.jpg

Now if I can just get the Elves to clean up the reindeer poop, all will be well.
Thanks for looking,
Dave:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Good stuff Dave. How come the one on the left already has a red nose? The original didn't include that, you getting all creative here? :rolf:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Those are some fine looking reindeer Dave. :icon_thum I just hope no meddling kids come along and put them in a more provocative scene. :no:

Disclaimer: These statements, thoughts or actions have not ever been tested by the Trent Mason Association.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Good stuff Dave. How come the one on the left already has a red nose? The original didn't include that, you getting all creative here? :rolf:

He got done first and we broke into the beer....
Seriously, the look on my daughters face and the tone of her voice when she said "It's Rudolf" confirmed my design modification.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Those are some fine looking reindeer Dave. :icon_thum I just hope no meddling kids come along and put them in a more provocative scene. :no:

Disclaimer: These statements, thoughts or actions have not ever been tested by the Trent Mason Association.

Well if that happens or worse they "walk-off", I've only got the cost of 1 sheet of ply ($25) in them. But a few hours labor with my 76 yr. old father, completely negates the material costs, and I will come out ahead, no matter what happens to them.
BTW, this was only the second time I worked with my Dad in the shop, and the first time he only gave advice when asked :mrgreen:

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
It is, but getting the paint on what is intended to be painted isn't, but she can paint the heck out of herself :icon_thum

This is a funny line coming from the peach man!! :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:
(The reindeer look good. Rudolph plus 1?)

Chuck

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Way to go Daddy Dave O!
The reindeer are nice, the daughter's appreciation immeasureable, but the time with your dad in the shop - Priceless! How I wish!!!!!!
Peach would've been a great color for the deer, but unless you renewed your supply I'm sure you're out of peach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS