Official 2008 NCWoodworker.net pinup calendar contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Monty------------I just uploaded some images into the calendar projects contest. I am most sure the pixel size is not what you stated.

I do not know how to change all that--------maybe someone can do whatever adjusting needs to be done on them.

If that does not happen---just toss them out of the contest.

Jerry

Monty

New User
Monty
Nice pictures - but you're right, they're not nearly large enough to look sharp when they get printed. Do you have a higher resolution copy of the images?

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
I do have the original disc from the photographer--------If I remember right, they are huge files in comparison.

Jerry

Monty

New User
Monty
I do have the original disc from the photographer--------If I remember right, they are huge files in comparison.

Jerry

Sounds PERFECT!!! Upload THOSE files instead of the smaller versions. If you have any trouble, just ask for help!

cskipper

Cathy
I really liked the combination of lots of photo's of members work on the cover, but do not have the ability to create one for submission. There have been so many wonderful projects submitted, I hope someone will work on a comliation.

Big Mike

New User
Mike
I realize it is Steve's intent to have a separate contest for the calendar cover but I would like to suggest that the cover just be a montage of the 12 monthly winners with the NCWW logo.

Just a thought.....

Besides, Steve, it would save you some money; no thirteenth prize.:lol:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I realize it is Steve's intent to have a separate contest for the calendar cover but I would like to suggest that the cover just be a montage of the 12 monthly winners with the NCWW logo.

Just a thought.....

Besides, Steve, it would save you some money; no thirteenth prize.:lol:
And it's a good thought-:icon_thum, But somebody has to create the montage:BangHead:

Also it is up to Monty, it is his contest this year

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Well, Mr. Monty, if you are in agreement I would be happy to create the montage whether I am in it or not....

Monty

New User
Monty
Hmmm.... an interesting idea. Maybe next year. But THIS year we have a CONTEST to run!!! ;) Speaking of which, we need some more entries into the cover contest. The deadline is fast approaching!!!!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Speaking of which, we need some more entries into the cover contest. The deadline is fast approaching!!!!
Actually, I don't think the picture that is in the cover gallery is a cover. I suspect that it is a regular entry, just misplaced. NC Scroller???????

Monty

New User
Monty
OK folks, we've got some great project entries, but we need to see some creativity for the cover! Remember - the cover winner gets to pick the first prize!!! It's worth the trouble!

If you need inspiration or ideas, take a look at what was entered last year's contest:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Actually, I don't think the picture that is in the cover gallery is a cover. I suspect that it is a regular entry, just misplaced. NC Scroller???????

YES. I put the same picture in both places. Steve feel free to delete the cover entry picture if you want but leave the one for the regular entry.... TY.

Scott

Monty

New User
Monty
Down to the wire!! The contest is almost closed, and we FINALLY have a little competition in the cover category! :eusa_clap

I was just looking through the entries, and once again we have some great projects to show. It'll make a fine calendar! I noticed a few double-posted photos and deleted the duplicates - don't want to let something like that dilute somebody's votes!

Monty

New User
Monty
OK - the contest gallery is closed for new entries!!! Now we all have an opportunity to take a look at all the entries and decide which ones we like. Tomorrow morning, the voting will begin. I'll exlain later about how the voting process will work...

no hanging chads!!

woodguy1975

New User
John
OK - the contest gallery is closed for new entries!!! Now we all have an opportunity to take a look at all the entries and decide which ones we like. Tomorrow morning, the voting will begin. I'll exlain later about how the voting process will work...

no hanging chads!!

Dude, you said 12:00. I forgot about it till this morning. I still have an half an hour left. Can I please submit my photo? By the rules i have 30 minutes!!!!!!!

Here is my photo uploaded to my gallery.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/228/ncwwersubmit.jpg

Monty

New User
Monty
By the rules i have 30 minutes!!!!!!!

Do you still have your receipt for your watch? You might still be able to get a refund... maybe it's still under warranty or something. ;) :D

[BANANA]The time change is not until NEXT weekend![/BANANA]

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
John,
No worries, I made the same mistake you did...my picture is of the back of all of my pens, too :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS