Offer to help you with sizing of Calendar pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
If you have good pictures that you would like to enter, but don't know how or do not have the right software tools, Then send them to me. I will resize and crop them and then enter them in your name.

Send them to

stevecoles@ncwoodworker.net

Please send one picture per email. The pictures you send must be at the highest resolution and file size that you have, to have a reasonable chance of coming through the process and still be a good picture.

If the picture is not of good quality after the conversion, I will not enter it. I make no guarentees that this will work.

Perhaps, some of you others will make this same offer, please.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Re: Calendar Cover Prizes

Steve---------thanks a bunch for offering the help on the contest images:eusa_danc . I probably would not have tried to submit on my own. Just hope I did not overload your mail box!!!!

Jerry

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Monty--------I sent Steve an email before i thought through the issue. Steve has graciously posted the images for me but I have not figured out how to go in and edit for title and description.(as he asked me to do).:eusa_doh:

There may be others in the same situation.

Jerry

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Monty or Steve,

Is it possible to get the large white border on the right side of my pic out? Since I cannot make it landscaped, is this the way it will have to be?

MIke

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I will be happy to try helping with resizing photos. I will send them back to the individual for submission, unless they only have dial-up, in which case I will try to put them in my photo album for you to link to (unless you have a better idea: Steve, Monty, etc) I have broadband so file size is not a problem for me. Send the highest resolution you can. I can crop pictures that are the wrong proportion, but may send the individual a couple of samples for their selection.

E-mail to:

gobro2@nc.rr.com

I do not have anything I feel is worthy in this competition at this time, but have seen numerous things others have made that definitely would warrant entry. Let's make this as difficult as possible for the judges!!

Question for the judges: I did a search for Calendar rules, but can't find the original thread. What is the preferred format (jpg, tif, bmp, etc?) and the specific dimensions. I remember 2300 x 1800 (landscape). is that correct?

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Duh!! went to the webmaster forum and found the original rules. (Sorry, a senior moment). Still would like to know the preferred format.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Folks, Monty, Gofor, & I have have agreed to try to resize your pictures. But we just can't, or at least shouldn't resize them from the images already in the albums. Those photos were already processed by the system. If we re-process those, we are reducing the quality further. So if you want the help, please send the original image in the highest resolution you have to via email, one picture per email.

My email address is stevecoles@ncwoodworker.net. I've just performed this service for walnutjerry and it only took a few minutes per picture and it worked very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS