Offer to help technical staff....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I was approached by Dan offering some technical help with the site.

He has 15 years as a software engineer.

My only reservation is Dan is a new member. I'd feel a bit better if he'd been on the board longer and with some posting history.

Thanks,
Jim

mxracer

Name: Dan
City: Lincolnton
State: NC
County: Lincoln
Threads: 13

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I am in full agreement that we should wait and see some history.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Jim:

Let him know we appreciate the offer and that we have a number of projects that we may wish to take advantage of his offer. Until then, encourage him to participate as a regular member (i.e., let us get accustomed to him).

Thanks

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I have a different take on it...

Never step on enthusiasm! If after 3 months as a member Dan want's to jump in, then by all means let's let him. 52 posts and 13 threads started in only a few months is not a bad stat.

I haven't looked through his posts, but unless he exhibits some concerning signs re his posts, why not let him contribute futher?

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I second Scott's comments. Don't give him full complete control, but give him some access or some area to work on.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I will work on some ways he can contribute without opening up admin access.

Dare I suggest..... a Technical Advisory Committee?

We could invite folks who want to discuss technical related issues, but the implementation falls to staff.

Jim

M

McRabbet

I've got a suggestion for him. I have wanted to reorganize our Link Library and Download Library for some time. Perhaps he could review what we currently have and offer some improved categories. Changes in category names require Admin CP access, but I could do that with him. I just have not had the time to undertake it.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Just a little followup. I spent some time with Dan at the Shop Crawl. He's got the technical skills and background that lines up with a Site Programmer position.

I'd say he would be a valuable asset should we look to increase the technical staff.

I still feel its best to let him build some history before turning the keys to the pastry case over.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors