Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Pig Pickin'
Fall gathering in Asheville
Saturday October 11th 2008.

Come together and enjoy some time with your fellow woodworkers.

The food is scheduled to be ready at 1pm.
Come earlier and stay later.

WNCWA will have their meeting- check their site for time. Please check with McRabbet for further on this great group.

We will have some demonstrations and participation activities.
Nothing too strenuous. This is supposed to be FUN.

We are asking for $5 per adult to help with the costs. We aren't trying to make any money. We won't! In the event that we come up with any extra, every cent will go straight to Steve for the site use.

Some members of the WNCWA,( our own McRabbet is the president) will be there and some are bringing items to display. Please feel free to do the same! We all would love to see and share each others work!

If anyone has something you no longer want, or need- BRING IT!

* If you want to give it away we will have a "pay it forward" table. Tools, wood, finish - whatever. If it pertains to woodworking and you no longer have a use for it please bring it and we'll try to help it find a good home!

* If you have something to sell and you are DQ, please feel free to bring it. One of our own is (at last word) going to bring a trailer laden with wood. (my words not his but the stories I've heard oh boy!) One of our members is planning (again last I heard from him) on
bringing some fantastic tools as he is downsizing his shop.
Not sure if you are DQ, please contact one of our moderators.

* If you might be interested in helping with a demonstration please let me know. We are open to suggestions!

* If you have something to display or share bring it and we'll work it out!

* Questions or problems with projects? Use the brain trust. Bring the 'problem' if you can and someone can likely help you.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Directions to the facility are -
I-26 to exit 37 - Long Shoals Road/NC 146.
Turn WEST onto Long Shoals cross the river. (the river is maybe 100 yards west of the interstate).
Drive 1 mile and turn right onto Clayton Road (the first road to the right).
The site is one mile down Clayton Road.
Turn right from Clayton Road into the drive. It will be marked.

Please send me a note if I can help you with maps, information, accomodations, or anything else.

I-26 Exit 37 is 3 miles from the Asheville Airport exit, and 6 miles from I-40. Take I-40 to I-26 east.
click here to sign up!
Click here: May I have your number? - North Carolina Woodworker

Last edited:

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Do you need us to bring anything? Soda's, ice, etc?

Bring your lathe Jeremy, it'll be fun!

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I think we've got most things pretty well covered.

Bring anything you might care to though.
If we wind up with some extra drinks, chips, or whatever I'm sure they'll wind up in a good home :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS