Oak burl (gloat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Met a fella at a show I did last weekend that said he had some oak burl I could have if I wanted it.So I went over to his place thur.and this is what he had,the piece I cut off in the top pic is about 18" sq.the burl was about 4x5ft.I got 4 pieces on the trailor before the stihl decided to be a PITA and quit on me and I hit a rock with the backup,Sooooooooo I still have a 3rd of it left that the fella's gonna put up for me till next yr.:gar-Bi

HLW

New User
Harold
Good show Ken, what a lucky find!:icon_thum When do you head back to Fla.? I was hoping to get over there and say hi before summer's end. Obviously I haven't. Again,good find !!

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Were headin back wed morn.We will be goin to Bushnell Fl for the state square dance campout,for four days,then on to Tampa for the winter.Maybe next yr,but Lord willin,we got next yr.Gotta plan on it.

HLW

New User
Harold
Ken, Lord willing I hope you make it next year too and I certainly include myself also ! Of course you've probably heard the saying " IF YOU WANT TO MAKE GOD SMILE, JUST MAKE A PLAN ! Hope you have a great winter so keep in touch.:gar-Bi

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Great snag Ken!!
You know you can't haul all that back to Florida. I bet I could give it a home in NC for you...:rolleyes:

Dragon

New User
David
:eusa_clap Always good to see someone score a nice burl chunk. Got my eye on a few around here that I'm tryin' to talk my way into.:dontknow:

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Great score Ken, Hope it is as pretty as the few Oak Burls that I've gotten over the last few years.
Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS