Now for the really real Woodcraft scoop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

It is now official the first Raleigh Woodcraft store is closed. I am unemployed as are the rest of the crew and the original owners. Now for the good news, a new owner is currently building a new location and is trying as hard as he can to open in early November. I have been able to spend a few days with the new owner and his manager Herb. It is safe to say the new Raleigh Woodcraft will be in good hands with these guys. Both of them have over 10 years in with Woodcraft and they know their stuff. They are hoping to hire as many of the old crew that wants to if they can hang on until the new store opens. I have been asked by both to be involved with continuing to teach classes. It feels great to be asked as I really enjoyed teaching. I hope to be able to do so, but will have to wait and see where the new employment road leads me.

It has been my great honor to be involved as I have been (retail) for the last 10 years with the North Carolina woodworking community. The customers / friends I have met at the stores have been great! I have been a salesman, a manager, a teacher, & a student all in the same day and sometimes with the same customer. Although my contribution now will be different I am looking forward to the woodworking path ahead.

I am looking forward to see the new Woodcraft when it opens. The new guys are committed to offering the same great level of customer service we did before. I am sure they will see plenty of my money.

I have really appreciated all the great comments here on the board about us. I am not looking for anymore. I am just a guy with a hammer and chisel and a pile of wood shavings on the floor in my workshop :-D.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Great news, not so great for my wallet and rather bitter-sweet because it doesn't sound like you'll be managing it. You and your crew was the real reason I frequented Woodcraft...it wasn't for the prices :roll::roll:
I am still looking forward to having the resource again, but it won't be entirely the same :crybaby2:

Dave:)

gator

George
Corporate Member
Tom -

Are you at liberty to say where the new store will be located? And, you used the word 'building', is that new construction or just a major renovation of a current store front? Is the new owner expanding current franchise holdings or is this his first/only store? Good luck in you pursuits and we hope you stay in touch with the gang here.

George

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Gee.... November is not that far off and they might have a Grand Opening Sale. So when the LOML asks how the Chirstmas gifts are coming I can tell her I need to pick up a few things to finish them. Hmmm. Sound reasonable?

Seriously, Good Luck to Tom and all the great crew.

T

toolferone

Tom -

Are you at liberty to say where the new store will be located? And, you used the word 'building', is that new construction or just a major renovation of a current store front? Is the new owner expanding current franchise holdings or is this his first/only store?

George

I don't think it is my place to say, since I am not involved with it.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Tom I hope that you and the crew will be able to work with the new owners and give them the success that you gave Woodcraft over the years. You served all of us well and we are greatful for that. Take care! Terry:crybaby2:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Best of luck to you and the team, Tom. I really benefited from your expertise/knowledge when purchasing my shop toys. Please stay in touch, when you aren't herding the little ones around:lol:.
Take care,

sapwood

New User
Roger
You've earned our respect and gratitude. My best to you and the gang :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Roger

Arguseyed

New User
Jeremy Taylor
Good news and sad news at the same time. With all the speculation that Norm's soon to retire, maybe you can take over for him Tom ;-) You've got a slightly better mug, a bigger shop and best of all.........A KILT :lol:

Jeremy

gator

George
Corporate Member
Well, I heard today from a reliable source that the new Woodcraft will be on Glenwood Ave next door to the Sherwin Williams store (just a block or so from old location). Also that the new owner is the owner of the Charlotte store and is expanding his franchise operations. I sorta suspected this because as the story broke, the first rumor of a new store here came from Charlotte.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS