nother new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott

New User
scott
New to CWW. I've grew up working on projects with my Dad, complaining about most of them once I became a teenager, quit almost entirely once I moved away from home except for mandatory home improvement projects. Somewhere in my late 20's I started doing woodworking projects again because I realized I enjoyed it. Now I wish I'd paid more attention to what Dad was trying to teach me when I was younger. Ironically enough, most of my projects now are back to the mandatory home improvement projects or things that come from the honey-do list, mostly due to time constraints. Fortunately the Wife is usually behind me when I want to buy a new woodworking toy if it's something that can be used for one of her never ending projects so it's kind of a double edged sword.
scott

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome to our little section of the www. I look forward to your input and to seeing pictures of your work. If we can be of assistance just ask.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Scott!:icon_cheers

Lot's of friendly folks, always here to offer advice, assistance, drool over tool and lumber pictures and just general woodworking conversation.

I look forward to seeing pictures of your work!

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Scott, I am glad you could join us. A long time ago when I was younger, I thought my Dad knew nothing, and as I get older I realize really how much he did know and wish I had learned from him also. I look forward to your input in the forums and hopefully seeing some pics of your work soon.
See you around!!!

Dave:)

RandyJ

New User
Randy
Welcome to the fray, Scott! We are glad you decided to join our little group of misfits. Post often and make sure there are pictures 'cause 'round here our saying is "no pics, didn't happen".:gar-La;
Enjoy!!

gator

George
Corporate Member
Scott -

Welcome aboard. We have another really talented member that is right up next to you, Mike Davis. You could do a lot worse than having his friendship and help on ideas and techniques.

George

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Scott. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap You're very fortunate to have worked on projects with your dad. Even though they may be a little hazy now, I'm sure you got several fundamental lessons that stick with you. I discovered wwing about two years ago and have been at it ever since. Probably the best hobby anyone could have. That's cool that your Wife doesn't mind you buying tools. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up Just be sure and throw an "experimental" project in there once in a while. Glad you found us. Looking forward to seeing some of your work. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

PS: Definitely contact Mike Davis. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer, Scott!
You made an excellent point. I had no interest in learning from my dad and now it's too late :BangHead:

Enjoy the forum :icon_thum
Roger

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the sawdust pile, Scott -- we're glad you've found us and your way back into woodworking. Enjoy!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Hi Scott,

Howdy neighbor!

Look forward to meeting you, welcome to the site and let me know if I can help in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS