Not sure why I am now seeing this format?

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
FYI I have been seeing the same thing intermittently for several days.
Sam I'm lost on this one. I don't think I did something unknowingly to my computer but now I think it might be something on the forum?
Thanks for the reply. I guess I will go out and work in the shop before it gets too hot.
Dan

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
It appears to be only a problem on Chrome. The home page looks fine, but the layout is misaligned when you open up a thread. I tested this on Firefox and Edge, and the pages look fine. Clearing cookies/ cache doesn't seem to help.

Attached a screenshot for reference

Attachments

• thread_page.png
    thread_page.png
    176.3 KB · Views: 185

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Works fine on FireFox. Chrome has the distorted view for me. In a hotel. In Asheville.

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member
Same problem here but seems to be getting better. Using chrome.

Last edited:

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I'm not seeing Dan's problem on Safari so I don't know what the "problem" is to begin with and what he is seeing on his computer.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I get the same problem on the Home button with Chrome but not the What's New button so that is my workaround for now - hit What's New.

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Same thing for me in Chrome for several days, I see the same format Bas posted. But everything looks fine in Firefox, Pale Moon, Edge, and Internet Explorer. Is there any kind of Chrome optimization happening on our side?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I notice this using Chrome, regardless if it is on Mac or PC. Using Safari, the site renders normally. I think this started after the upgrade to Xenforo 2.1.2.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Same for me using Chrome. I've also had other things going wonkie using Chrome, so wonder if it is something they did in an update.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Same for me using Chrome. I've also had other things going wonkie using Chrome, so wonder if it is something they did in an update.
It's not Chrome, it's the NCWW stylesheet that gives the site it's look-and-feel. If you scroll to the bottom and click on "NCWW style", you'll get a window to choose between the software default and NCWW style. If you pick the default everything will line up properly again, but it'll be in various shades of blue.

I dug into the NCWW stylesheet a bit but can't find the problem. But then again I'm pretty bad at debugging CSS...

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I still don't understand why the appearance on the screen is such a big deal for many users using different browsers. ;) Although everything looks "normal" to me with my Safari browser if it didn't look "normal" I'd probably ignore it and move on.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
It's not Chrome, it's the NCWW stylesheet that gives the site it's look-and-feel. If you scroll to the bottom and click on "NCWW style", you'll get a window to choose between the software default and NCWW style. If you pick the default everything will line up properly again, but it'll be in various shades of blue.

I dug into the NCWW stylesheet a bit but can't find the problem. But then again I'm pretty bad at debugging CSS...

Thanks, Bas!

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I still don't understand why the appearance on the screen is such a big deal for many users using different browsers. ;) Although everything looks "normal" to me with my Safari browser if it didn't look "normal" I'd probably ignore it and move on.
ummm, Jeff, if you saw the way the screen looked, I doubt you would ignore it. Two examples:
- In order to post a reply, I have to scroll through more than a full screen of 'formatting code' just to find the place that shows the text I am typing.
- On the Home page I can see maybe two posts on the screen in the Home page, and there is so much 'other crap' on display that it is hard to determine the title of the post, or which post you are clicking on if you want to read one.

This is NOT 'just an appearance issue'. With Bas' suggestion of changing the style to default (non-NCWW colors etc), I can now at least use and read the site without all the other 'crap' on display. I would not use NCWW site in the 'new, not-improved format' for very long before abandoning this. I am hopeful someone can determine the real cause and find a fix, although at least now for the first time in several days I can at least use the site.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS