Not easilly impressed

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Some who have read my posts might have figured out I am not easily impressed. A few years ago I bought a Fein vac. Could not be happier with it, but bag costs were a killer. Powerful, quiet, HEPA bags. So, today my baby CLearView cyclone came. Assembled it and gave it a test. They are not kidding about what it collects. The amount of fines ( MDF dust) amazed me. No worries about giving the entire shop a vac every day. No worries about how much dust my belt and orbitals make. Even the connect hose was the right size!

I do want to get a little shorted bucket, put a 90 on top and it will fit under my outfeed table on a rack with the vac and hose hanger.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Next time you need to buy bags buy one of these instead. They are reusable and have a larger surface and lower resistance. Easy to adapt to the Fein. Mine is at least 10 years old and still does an excellent job.
GORE® CLEANSTREAM® Filters

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Next time you need to buy bags buy one of these instead. They are reusable and have a larger surface and lower resistance. Easy to adapt to the Fein. Mine is at least 10 years old and still does an excellent job.
GORE® CLEANSTREAM® Filters
Mark, where did you buy yours? (order on-line or ???)

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Now this is cool. I had a shorter bucket in the attic. A 2 1/2" dust collector hose fits the top of the inlet and wil clamp around the outside of the connection hose fitting, so I can get it all short enough to go under the workbench! Tomorrows project.

Proves to me cyclones work, so wil consider upgrading to a 3 HP ( as much power as I have. Yes Bill says 5) for the main DC.

Good old Gore. Had a friend who designed wire using Gore insulation.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Wait until I build the cart tomorrow! Vac, cyclone and hose rack.

Yea static. Plastic hose, plastic cyclone, plastic bucket. Ultra airborne fine dust. Makes me wonder if I should run a bare wire along the inside. You can get anti-static hoses but the are not cheap. I have gotten a pretty good "bite" just off the vac. Let me think about that.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Home Depot. I got the version for a Sears vac and used a large fender washer to adapt it to the Fein.
I need a new one for my shop Vac brand Vac, but I searched for "GORE® CLEANSTREAM® Filters"
but did not find it on-line at HD???

joec

joe
User
I got my Fein several months ago and put a cyclone on top. Love it. The only issue I have is it will come on sometimes when another automatic vac (Festool) comes on. Sometimes it just come on and run it cycle without me having any idea what caused it. Other than that, a great addition to my mitre saw station.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Now what I am NOT impressed with. Ordered my 6 inch ducts 9 days ago from Home Despot. Scheduled for delivery today. Checked an hour ago, scheduled for TODAY.

E-mail just came. Delayed. Not shipped from supplier yet. About a week delay at least. Maybe they could have figured that out a little earlier?

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Good old HD. I received a $50 HD gift card at Christmas. Went on line to pick out an angle grinder. Found a Bosch that fit the bill. Went down to HD. Not in stock. Will have to order on line. Went to customer service to order. Was informed that my card was only good for use in store. :eek:

Pop

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Good old HD. I received a $50 HD gift card at Christmas. Went on line to pick out an angle grinder. Found a Bosch that fit the bill. Went down to HD. Not in stock. Will have to order on line. Went to customer service to order. Was informed that my card was only good for use in store. :eek:

Pop
I had a similar thing happen, I then asked them to transfer it from another store and when it arrived, I used my gift card!

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
OK, first functional prototype. No rack for the wand yet.
20210129_134851.jpg

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors