Northfield Bandsaw/Sanity Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
Well, been working on the monster saw. So far I've completely disassembled it, stripped the paint, wire brushed the frame and wet it down with OSPHO rust killing solution (plan to ospho and paint all parts during re assembly). Next I painted frame with a two part paint (glossy black DEVTHANE) which was given me. I have also stripped and reassembled rear table, and the front table rocker. Removed and replaced the bearings for the upper quill (arrived today fleabay #s 207 and 205) and currently working on the Reuland motor (boy was that fun... there's a reason they put two lift eyes on that dude!) Have identified the shaft end bearing as # 77309 with luck I'll figure out what I need on the fan end tomorrow. Almost finished with tension and table rocker assemblies, need to wire brush and paint them. Have documented with tons of pics which I plan to share once the site is up to par. Other than that... just been working on the shop refurbishing...:D

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Great find and good luck with the restoring process should be fun and rewarding. Did you pay by the pound for it ..... :nah: thing must weight a bunch.

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
Jeremy recently inked to a google drive showing the NCWW Fire Sale tools. Since I have not been able to upload pics since the website transfer I am linking to a google drive containing pics of my Northfield 32 refurbish. WARNING!!! Lots of pics.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8L4Xbzm3vaZ12whv9

Hope it works

Last edited:

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Steve
The restoration looks great. My first thought was how long is a blade for the BS? Its got to be 250" or more??

Well done.

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve
The restoration looks great. My first thought was how long is a blade for the BS? Its got to be 250" or more??

Well done.

Thanks for asking about the blade length. Research so far indicates a blade in the 16' 6"/7" or 198"/199" which coincidentally matches up with my Centauro 700CL which calls for a max blade length of 200". To date I have been using 198" successfully on the CL and should allow me to interchange blades if ever necessary.

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
That is a beast! So awesome I need one!

My advice... They are out there, just keep your eyes and ears open. They rarely show up when you are looking for them. Visit local recycle/junk yards and leave your name and phone # in case one shows up, as most yards make more $ selling the machine to a buyer than scrap metal fetches. Find them before they get on CL or flEbay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS