North Carolina Wood Suppliers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
If you look on the left side of the page you will see a box that says "More Pages" There is a new addition NC Wood Suppliers. I'd like to thanks Jonz for putting this together.

Thanks JONZ:icon_thum :eusa_danc

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's a great list and it will be a huge resource to all. Can it be added to as more places become known/discovered?

Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Cool, great listing. Thanks Jonz.:icon_thum Has anyone purchased anything from Just Hardwood in Dunn? What do they carry and how is their selection? I can make it to Dunn in about 30 minutes.

D L

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
DaveO said:
That's a great list and it will be a huge resource to all. Can it be added to as more places become known/discovered?

Dave:)

Yes very easily, just send me the info in the same format as the current entries and I will get added.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
D L Ames said:
Cool, great listing. Thanks Jonz.:icon_thum Has anyone purchased anything from Just Hardwood in Dunn? What do they carry and how is their selection? I can make it to Dunn in about 30 minutes.

D L

I just got of the phone with Just Hardwood that was listed on the Wood Suppliers list. This gentleman does not sell hardwood or lumber, he only installs and refinishes hardwood flooring.

This is the the listing from the NC Wood Suppliers list:

Just Hardwood
103 W Poppy St
Dunn, NC 28334
Phone: 910-891-4226

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Another correction. I called Hardwood Man up in Angier, NC and he is also in the hardwood flooring business. He installs and refinishes hardwood flooring but he also carries flooring stock but it has already been milled. He does not carry any hardwood or lumber other than flooring stock.

Here is his listing from the Suppliers list:

Hardwood Man
381 Mabry Rd
Angier, NC 27501
Phone: 919-639-0471

He did mention a lumber yard, T E Johnson Lumber Company, up in Four Oaks, NC, that sells hardwood. I will try to track down a number an address for this one and add it to the list if it appears to be a worthy prospect.

D L

cskipper

Cathy
Jonz, thanks for putting this list together. NC Wood is one of our commercial members. I have purchased from him and got great service. See his post below from an earlier discussion. Would you add him to the list?

NCWood said:
WE are almost ready to see customers at our new warehouse/store. Here is the information, but until I post an official notice that we are open, please call first at 919-302-2182 if you want to come by.

WE are stocking both domestic and exotic hardwoods for woodturners mainly. If you are interested in the type of woods that we carry, you can take a look at our sales on eBay, under the User ID of 'ncwood'.

Thanks,

Gary Davis

NCWood
330B Cecil Road
Wendell, NC 27591
919-302-2182
gary@ncwood.com

Last edited:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Here is a potential addition to our Wood Suppliers list:

T E Johnson Lumber Company, Inc.
3872 Old School Rd
Four Oaks, NC 27524
(919) 963-2233
www.goodsfromwoods (I could not get this link to work, but I called back and they are working on it.)

I spoke with these folks this afternoon to see what they carry. All of their lumber is rough sawn and air-dried. They do not carry any kiln-dried lumber. They carry most hardwood in 4/4, 6/4 and 8/4 except Maple which they only have in 6/4. They have a sawmill on-site. Some of the species they carry include:

Oak
Poplar
Gum
Maple
Cherry
Cypress
Juniper
Walnut (occasionally)

Their hours are M-F 7:30-5:30 and Sat 7:30-3:00. They are located about 3 miles off the intersection of I-95 and I-40 in Johnston County. The lady is supposed to call me back about the status of their web site so hopefully I can get a look at some of their prices.

I have yet to do business with this company but I might take a run up there soon to check out their stock.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS