Norfolk Pine bowls

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Here are a couple of Norfolk Pine bowls I got from Kalai. Bowls were soaked in Poly for a few hrs., let dry, then buffed.

Picture_0133.jpg

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/1081/medium/Picture_0133.jpg

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
BEAUTIFUL work Charles! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I remember you showing me some Norfolk pine and that is some pretty wood. :icon_thum

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Very nice! I saw a platter turned with that on Woodturning Workshop once. The pith and knots are very stable in that tree for some reason so he turned a platter trying to center it on the rings and get knots stretched out like stripes. I especially like the color in the larger one.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Andy, I saw the same episode. Norfolk is a great wood to work with. You usually find some surprises with the grain pattern once you get in the wood.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Nice job on the bowls Skeeter. The one on the left looks like it has leaves embedded in the grain. Interesting wood.

skeeter

New User
Charles
That looks really nice, where might one come by Norfolk Pine??

Dan

Dan, I get mine from Kalai, who is a member here. Another way is to to to Hawaii and pick out your own blanks. :gar-La; Seriously, his website is http://www.koawoodhawaii.com/
He usually doesn't have a lot showing for sale, but just e-mail him. I know Norfolk Pine grows in other places, but I don't know where else to order from.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Kalai most definitely sells some purdy wood and you have done it justice !! :notworthy:

Nice work bro :icon_thum

Kalai

New User
Chris Kalai Allen
Hi Skeeter, great looking bowls, now it looks like you need some more Norfolk Pine :)
I have plenty of Norfolk Pine right now and I even put some new pictures of it on my website as well as some other pictures to give people an idea of how much Hawaiian woods I have.
Hay Dan you let me know if you need some Norfolk Pine, I awlays give NC Woodworker member a discount and a good deal. Aloha.

Chris "Kalai"
www.koawoodhawaii.com

Dragon

New User
David
Those are some very pretty bowls and that speaks well for Kalai's wood products too. You did both yourselves proud with them.:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS