Nominations thread not getting a lot of action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I think about 90 people have viewed it, but so far no responses. I guess I'll be the first to try and give these folks a "gentle shove" and hopefully they'll start nominating themselves (or others). I'll post a reply today and if that doesn't work, perhaps someone else can post a reply early next week, etc. I think it's the usual train of thought where everyone enjoys the site, but doesn't quite feel like doing the extra work to keep it going....

cskipper

Cathy
We probably also need to post it in the Staff Announcements since not all are corporate members. Not sure but the wording may need to be altered to be applicable.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
That was what we had initially discussed in the BOD forum. It was initially placed in the User Announcements forum and Barbara moved it to the Corporate Members Forum. Again, I'm not picking on you Barbara. I've just had a long week and didn't have the time to address it. :)

I just started a thread in the Mod and Admins forum regarding a pm from MarkE. He said that he tried to reply to the Nominations thread, but he got some message stating that his reply would have to be approved by the BOD or something..... :confused: Not sure about that but hopefully somebody can get that cleared up. Of all the threads for folks to not be able to reply too.....

Also, I received a pm from Donn (drw), stating that he would like to run for the BOD. That's good news!

We probably also need to post it in the Staff Announcements since not all are corporate members. Not sure but the wording may need to be altered to be applicable.

cskipper

Cathy
I think it would be better if posted under Staff announcements instead of User announcements. Also needs to be a sticky.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Robert (rcarmac) has expressed interest in running for the BOD. I looked at his profile and it doesn't appear that he is a corporate member so I instructed him to opt in to corporate membership and then reply to the nominations thread.

He is also a newer member and only has 13 posts. Are there any requirements as to how many posts and how long a person has to have been a corporate member?

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Also, Jerry Byrum (Pokey), has expressed interest. I haven't responded to his pm yet. He is asking similar questions regarding requirements and opting in to corporate membership. Looking at his profile, he has been a member since 2006 but has only posted twenty times. He is not DQ.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS