No more missing fingers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Yes, it has been discussed a lot, but Steve's question makes me wonder about the flip side - can you cut really wet PT lumber? My understanding is that the new less toxic to people PT wood has a salt solution in it.

jpaup

New User
JP
I own a SawStop and there is a mode to test PT wood without activating the brake. I have also corresponded with the inventor of the GRR-Riper and the soft pads in that will not activate the brake. They do recommend clean the pads with DNA so be sure you let those pads totaly dry off or you may be buying a new brake and blade. Be safe out there

JP

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have run too wet wood through my SawStop and it merely shut off the motor and flashed the warning code for "Too Wet". It did not activate the brake. I then used the key to switch it into override mode and finished cutting the wood. In the override mode you do not have the flesh sensing protection, but this does allow you to cut wood that is too wet or even cut aluminum or other conductive materials.

- Ken.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
I have run too wet wood through my SawStop and it merely shut off the motor and flashed the warning code for "Too Wet". It did not activate the brake.

I wonder how it distinguishes between too wet = wood and too wet = blood? I imagine the sensor circuit in it is some sort of capacitive sensor (like a touch-lamp switch). There must also be a PIC microcontroller which distinguishes between flesh and other materials.

C.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I wonder how it distinguishes between too wet = wood and too wet = blood? I imagine the sensor circuit in it is some sort of capacitive sensor (like a touch-lamp switch). There must also be a PIC microcontroller which distinguishes between flesh and other materials.

C.

Figure out the answers to those questions and you can start your own 'safety saw' company. Pretty clever piece of electronics, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS