No. 75 Bullnose Plane by KUNZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Gary,
I have a friend up north that has a lot of Kunz planes, he said they work rite beside his baileys. I do not have any first hand knowledge though, but if the blade is sharp, the sole is true, you really cant go wrong.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Yes, most of the Kunz planes are a knock-off of their Stanley counterparts. The 75 is an okay plane I guess but it doesn't have a blade adjuster for fine tuning the cutting depth and it's a little tricky getting the blade adjusted to suit. I generally use a Stanley 90 for such tasks since it has a blade adjuster and is heavier and more comfortable to use and performs better. Of course the 90 is a more expensive plane too. If you want a 75, the old Stanley 75's are cheap, probably less than the new Kunz and also a better plane. The 75's are cheap in tool collecting land because they're not a hot collectible.

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
Appreciate the info folks...
too bad Fayetteville doesn't have a good source for used good tools...
Gary

Monty

New User
Monty
Yea Ozzie's right on the money about them 75's... they're a little fussy to set up right. But once you get it set it'll do the job you're trying to do just fine - trim tenons to fit. It's too wide to fit down into most dadoes.

4yanks

New User
Willie
I have a 75 and I like it. However, be forwarned that the toe is not co-planer with the rest of the sole. It sits slightly higher in the same fashion that jointer (power) tables do not lie in the same plane. This means you will have reduced control of the depth of cut. For fine adjustments to tenons this is not ideal.

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
I read some more about the 75 last night, they don't seem to be the cats meow... it appears that most reports talk about buying because of the low cost then wishing they'd saved up for the better rebate plane....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors