Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickol

New User
Nick
Well all i can say i am not a newbie to woodworking. Been setting up my workshop over the last year, which is 95% complete. Completed my first project with a Coffee table and a matching end table. So now i just call myself a newb. Have been working with wood for about 2 years, only seriously the last 12 months. I am semi retired and still have a house in Florida. I know that sounds weird but a bought a house in Weddington To be near my first grandchild. I have 2 daughters in the area and i just love it here. Hope i will get a chance to meet some of you one day. Always in the need for advice.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hey Nick! Glad you could join us. We have a good group around the Charlotte area! Once you get settled in we'd love to see some pics of the coffee table and any other projects you have done!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome Nick, great to have you here. We look forward to seeing some of your work.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Nick, I am glad you could join us. Having a house to be near the Grandkid(s) sounds like a very good reason to me. Plus it gives you an opportunity to set-up a shop in two places.
I look forward to your input in the forums and hopefully seeing some pictures of your work.
Come out to the Spring Picnic and you will get to meet a bunch of us....and hopefully they won't scare you away.

Dave:)

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome Nick. I moved up from Panama City in late 2005 for much the same reason and finally had some time to start really learning this wood thing. I think this is about the best bunch of folks you're ever going to meet, but guess I'm biased after a couple years.

Go

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Nick. This is a great group of folks. I look forward to your input in the forums and seeing some of your work. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Welcome to the neighborhood, Nick. You'll like this crowd.

Just curious, you fly your own plane?

:wsmile:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Nick!

Glad to see that you decided to join this merry bunch of sawdusters!:gar-Bi

Post some pictures of your work and by all means, stay safe out there in the new shop!

Wayne

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the sawdust pile, Nick. Glad you found the joy of woodworking and our little part of heaven. Welcome aboard!

scott

New User
scott
Welcome Nick but I'm pretty sure you violated some federal law by LEAVING Florida when you retired. I thought everyone that was retirement age that entered Fla had to stay. :)
scott

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
You won't feel too alone here, Nick. Lots of folks from FL have places in NC, among them Don Shula, in Boone.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome, Nick. Glad you found our merry band of woodbutchers:gar-Bi
Jump in any time with questions or suggestions.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome to NCWW Nick! We're glad to have you and also glad to have another woodworker in the area. I live in Indian Trail not too far from you. Hope to meet you sometime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS