Nick : from Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikapp691

New User
Nick
Hey everybody!

I have been a long time lurker and have now just decided to join up and say hello. I am just getting into woodworking but I have always been fasinated by it. I have been doing a lot of refinishing (staining, painting, minor woodwork) of old pieces. I need to learn some more actual techniques now as I progress!

This site provides great knowledge and inspiration! Please bare with the questions that will arise. I am still exploring the different forums and doing a lot of reading.

Nick G

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Nick. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I was just getting into woodworking when I joined the site 2 years ago. I can't tell you how much I've learned from everyone here. We're all very eager to learn and also very eager to help folks of any ability level. You should join us tonight for the new member chat. From 7:30 to 8:00 pm we let the new members introduce themselves, then we switch to a topic. Tonight's topic is handplanes, something I know nothing about, so I'll probably just sit back and watch and ask a few questions. :icon_thum

Your experience in refinishing old furniture will definitely help you with woodworking. When I first started, I would build a fairly impressive project and then screw up the finishing because I knew nothing about finishing. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: Anyway, you've found a wonderful group and it's great to have you here. :eek:ccasion1

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Nick, I am glad you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums, and remember the only dumb question is the one not asked.
See you around!!!!

Dave:)

Dragon

New User
David
Welcome Nick. Glad to see you join up. Never be afraid to ask anything of anyone on here, and never be afraid to throw in your own ideas and opinions. I remember an old FD Captain I had when I first started out telling me to never hesitate to call his attention to something. "You see, he said, I've been doing this forever and I don't pay attention like I used to. You however are new at it and you're gonna see everything, so tell me about it."

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Nick!!

Plenty of help in answering questions, providing inspiration and tool buying advice always abounds here.:wsmile:

When I first joined NCWWer, I was freshly retired and very interested in honing my woodworking skills. Thanks to a bunch of folks here, I have become more comfortable with new techniques and challenges every week. (A new grandchild, has reopened the need for many new projects to build too!!!)

Anyway. Post often and don't forget to share some pictures of your work with us.

Wayne

pikapp691

New User
Nick
Thanks for the great reception! I hate I missed the chat, maybe next time though!!

Guys Thanks for the great welcome!

Dean Maiorano

New User
Dino
Welcome Nick!

This is the place to turn when you need to ask questions and gain knowledge. I'm a recent inductee and I'm amazed at the number of wonderful people and the wealth of information (and goodwill) that's to be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS