Nice DP fence

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
I have purchased some power tool accessories and been disappointed. A WoodRiver drill press fence that I purchased a couple of months ago has been a delight. Features include an adjustable split fence, flip stop, and a vacuum port. When the geometry is favorable, “wood turds” get mostly sucked up. I could not force this software to accept a video showing that.

A brush quickly gets leftovers into the air stream of a shop vacuum between holes.
0B817DFB-65EF-4163-BD90-96E7C0B22501.jpeg

From the front, the fence looks like this:
22BB76E2-EC07-4108-998F-450E266C52CE.jpeg

and the rear of the fence:
EDF4086C-7788-4374-A793-EE3B3D5EA26F.jpeg

I did buy a second flip stop as a spare part.
1E594452-1394-430A-A1A2-1C0B305C10F9.jpeg

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
For sure, my DP makes a mess, but 90% or the time, I am not drilling anywhere near the edge, so a fence system does not make much sense. Maybe if set up to drill for euro hinges the vac port would work ( and that does make a lot of gunk)
My fence is just a hunk of aluminum angle iron. I do like their top track and flip down stops. I can see a few uses for that.

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
For sure, my DP makes a mess, but 90% or the time, I am not drilling anywhere near the edge, so a fence system does not make much sense. Maybe if set up to drill for euro hinges the vac port would hiswork ( and that does make a lot of gunk)
My fence is just a hunk of aluminum angle iron. I do like their top track and flip down stops. I can see a few uses for that.
Over a hundred doors ago I made this fixture for Euro hinges. Each reuse brings a reminder to maker a nicer one.
DCECFB1E-9467-406E-AF77-5CA2F7F51479.jpeg

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I picked up the Kreg jig as it cost about the same as just the bit. Handy feature is marking the screw holes. Light plastic so probably your old wood fence will outlast it by another 100 doors. I only have a dozen or so more on the plan.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS