Nice day in the shop today :) (PICS ADDED 1/8/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

It has been a long time since I had any fun in my shop.
1st, Put the finishing touches on a small activity table for the girls I started last spring.
2nd, Cleaned up a mess of sawdust (yes it was fun) See this post.
3rd, The real problem with my dust collection system is the only switch I have is to far away from the
table saw. I have the dust collector on a low voltage switch. I have several blast gates
with built in switches on them, but were not connected (don't work that way). I had run the wires to the gates about 4 years ago. Well tonight was the night. It took me all of a hour and half to hook it all up. I had to put a switch in a box and mount it up near the power button for the table saw as the saw has no blast gate. I just used a light switch in a metal box and a couple of rare earth magnets to hold it in place.

Shame on me for waiting so long :BangHead:!

I will post a few pictures tomorrow after I bring the table inside and screw it together.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

toolferone

Re: Nice day in the shop today :)

Here is the kids craft table, started last spring.
The top is 1.5" mdf and is heavy. It is covered with black laminate and edged in solid wood.
The drawers are all 1'2 oak ply I had gotten for free about 3 years ago. I ironed on edge banding around the drawer fronts. My oldest painted the knobs for me. I have 3 coats of wipe on poly on it. The whole piece was assembled with brads and glue. It was only designed to last a few years till the kids out grow it.

IMG_02192.JPG

IMG_02203.JPG

IMG_02213.JPG

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
oh, it's for the kids! I first thought that was your business office furniture. :elvis:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Tom, I like the craft table, especially the colored knobs. When my oldest grandson was about 4 I built him a chest of drawers. It was painted white, with each knob painted a different bright color. He loved it at the time, but he's 20 now and doesn't think the bright knobs are as cool as they once were. :gar-La;

Bill

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
That's really cool, Tom!

The kids are going to love the nice smooth writing surface and Mom's gonna like it at cleanup time.:wsmile:

I too think that the colored knobs look great and your kids will always know that Dad let us participate in the great build.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors