Next puzzle boxes

Richo B

New User
Richo
With Puzzle Box 1 now completed and demo video up on YouTube its now time to start on the next puzzle box

Richo Woodworking shop set up for summer use
Summer shop.jpg

On Saturday I assembled the garage workshop for summer work and finished the SketchUp designs of the puzzle box. Still working from scrap wood on my projects, I cut scrap left over from the Apothecary puzzle cabinet and instead of it being too small for the project it turned out to be too large. Meaning the measurements of the cuts were correct to the plans, but the actual scale of the completed cuts were too large for what I was envisioning. So I cut some smaller scrap left over from Puzzle Box 1 which would give me a smaller box. The end result is this project will include two puzzle boxes OR a puzzle box and a small puzzle cabinet. At this point the smaller box will be Puzzle Box 2 and the larger box will be something else. The larger box cut so well that I don't want to reduce it size but make use of it at the size it is.

Large Box.jpg
small box.jpg

Large box and smaller box. Note the screwdriver for scale.

Sunday worked on the inner lock for Puzzle Box 2 and hope to have that together this week. Since it took me five months to build PB#1 and it may be much less time for PB#2 I may want to spend more time on the design of PB#3.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS