Newest, I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrye

New User
Jerry
that makes me green and still wet behind the ears! I have built a few things over the years, and am currently helping duaghter's husband build entertainment center he designed. When it's finished I will post pics. Don't get your hopes up, however. So far the thing I'm best at is making sawdust! I guess most projects of mine turn out so-so because I usually follow DAYG (Design As You Go) which although is not the best procedure is a ton of fun because you "never know what you're gonna get!"

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hey, welcome Jerry. Glad you could join us. Everybody has to start somewhere, and if it's making the best sawdust in town...then that's a start :lol: I look forward to seeing your SIL's & your ET finished. We love pics and I can bet it will look better than you give it credit.
See you around!!!
Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Jerry! Experts and wannabes (like myself) all share the sawdust pile. :cool: Join the fun and sharing. We look forward to pixs of your co-project :)

Roger

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Thanks for the warm welcome! In order to ensure the best opinions of my work, I'll be sure to take my pics from a distance...a GREAT distance!:lol: I will get the pics on the site soon, as we are in a hurry to complete ET because it is being built to prevent 11 month old granddaughter from getting into stuff she shouldn't (which granddad could ALSO learn). I look forward to learning from ya'll!

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Jerry -- keep at it and you'll be a pro in no time...

Rob

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Jerry welcome to the Sawdust Pile. Glad you found us and hope you join us often. As you will find out quickly we love pictures :eusa_danc

Dave86634

New User
Dave
I just joined today 11/18/06 and am still trying to find my way around the site. I could not figure out how to reply to a post sent to me from DaveO, but I want to thank him for the welcome.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I just joined today 11/18/06 and am still trying to find my way around the site. I could not figure out how to reply to a post sent to me from DaveO, but I want to thank him for the welcome.
He probably sent it as a Private message. Go to User settings and then list messages

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Welcome to NCWW Jerry, I am glad you could join us here and I look forward to seeing some of your projects.

D L

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to our group. Among many other things you will learn is that there aren't mistakes, just opportunities for design changes! Looking forward to your input and pictures.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Jerry, welcome to the site. You will find that this site is a valuable tool. May I tell you how I got started. I got a book with a pattern, not a paper pattern, measurement, that I used and followed and made a lingere cabinet for my daughter. It had dado's, rabbet cut, etc that I would learn how to make as well as dovetail drawers. I learned a lot, and made alot of mistakes especially on the drawers but I came away with knowledge of the basics of building a piece of furniture. When I decided to make my next piece, a nightstand, I went looking for a plan again. My teacher at the time told me to forget the plan because I now had the basics in my head. As you said, I designed it as I wanted it. Each piece brought new knowledge and mistakes but you learn by doing. That is how I learned and I am now making kitchen cabinets. Yes, they have their mistakes but I love them anyway. Good luck to you and know that the folk here will help you along the way, all you have to do is ask. Lorraine from Lake Gaston.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, I've done my fair share of DAYG. Be sure you jump in with both feet, and make yourself at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors