Newest guitar build

Status
Not open for further replies.

danw

New User
dan
I starting playing guitar in my teens and was always a tinkerer. Changed pickups, parts, did setups but never built one. I finally decided it was time to try it at 35 years old. Which wasn't easy considering I haven't done any wood working since high school shop class. So i jumped in head first and gave it a shot, learning woodworking and guitar building at the same time. I am self taught, so it took a while to get where I am now.I had to build my tools and skills slowly as money and time allowed. I read everything I could find.youtube videos, books, whatever it took. I do not consider myself a master by any means, but I think I have found my voice with the archtop guitars.
My grandfather gave me a 1913 Gibson L3 archtop that was his when he was a kid. That started my love for archtops. This guitar is my 30th instrument. I am currently working on 31 and 32. One is a 4 string archtop acoustic bass, the other is a 6 string electric.
Dan, you probably mentioned this in previous posts, how did you start making guitars? Did you take classes or self taught?

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
I starting playing guitar in my teens and was always a tinkerer. Changed pickups, parts, did setups but never built one. I finally decided it was time to try it at 35 years old. Which wasn't easy considering I haven't done any wood working since high school shop class. So i jumped in head first and gave it a shot, learning woodworking and guitar building at the same time. I am self taught, so it took a while to get where I am now.I had to build my tools and skills slowly as money and time allowed. I read everything I could find.youtube videos, books, whatever it took. I do not consider myself a master by any means, but I think I have found my voice with the archtop guitars.
My grandfather gave me a 1913 Gibson L3 archtop that was his when he was a kid. That started my love for archtops. This guitar is my 30th instrument. I am currently working on 31 and 32. One is a 4 string archtop acoustic bass, the other is a 6 string electric.
Thanks for sharing how you got here. Do you still have the L3? How about the first guitar you built? (Pictures?) would be nice if you could post a clip of how the guitar sounds.

danw

New User
dan
I do have the L3
DSC00494.jpg
This is the first one I built. My best friend owns it now. He plays it everyday
101_5744.jpgTE=gesiak;488671]Thanks for sharing how you got here. Do you still have the L3? How about the first guitar you built? (Pictures?) would be nice if you could post a clip of how the guitar sounds.[/QUOTE]

Truefire

New User
Chris
Wowsers!!! Thats a beauty worth sharing, thats for sure. Amazing work there my man. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS