Newbie wants to buy hardwood in WNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Wightman

New User
Bruce
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and hope I'm in the right place. I have a small workshop and do turnings and some custom chess boards. I'm looking for a place within a 1 hr drive of Hendersonville, NC to buy hardwood. Mostly domestic but some exotic. It needs to be planed and jointed (their on my tools list to buy) and of course the best price I can get.

Thanks, :thumbs_up
Bruce

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Mountain Sawyers, LLC located in Fletcher ...see ad on the right side of this site.

Dan C.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
First, welcome to the forum. Across the top of the page you will see a "woodworking in NC" with a drop down menu. Click that and there are several options for you to choose. Or you can visit the sponsor add's to the right. They are all great places to deal with.

Red

bjohnson

New User
Bill
It's a bit over an hour from you, and farther than others have mentioned, but I live in the Sylva area and use Franklin Wood Warehouse at 511 East Main St., Franklin, NC. Telephone is 828-369-3913. They have a great selection of kiln dried hardwoods (domestic and exotic) - all jointed and surfaced. You'll also find a nice bin full of cut-offs fairly priced.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Bruce, we are fortunate in our end of the state to have some great choices for wood.
I second going to the home page, looking at the task bar and clicking "woodwokring in NC", then wood suppliers. I always prefer supporting vendors that support NCWoodworker!
Hope you can find a couple of minutes to go to "Who We Are" and introduce yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS