newbie new member

Status
Not open for further replies.

artharpe

New User
artharpe
Hey,

I'm a newbie woodworker and new member of this list. Been lurking a little while now. I have always wanted to understand how to do at least simple projects in wood. So this summer I took the beginning woodworking class at the NCSU craft center. I made my first piece of furniture...a not-so fabulous end table. I think it will be a fine addition to my cabin (means it's "rustic"). It was a great intro to using all the tools.

Otherwise, I don't have much practical experience, but I am inspired by my brother who is a furniture and cabinet maker. I'm the proud recipient of several pieces of furniture and kitchen cabinetry (my design, his implementation). He'd probably be on this board but doesn't have internet access...I'm working on rectifying that. So from time to time, I may ask a question or two on his behalf. I'll also ask questions to help clarify either something I'm planning...or simple projects that I'm taking on for myself.

Thanks in advance for your patience with my beginner questions...
annette

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Annette!!!:eusa_danc

Lots of great folks here more than willing to lens a helping hand. (When I joined back in 2005, I clearly remember a senior member telling me that "The only silly question is the one that is not asked." I have since learned an awful lot from these folks; daily!!!!!

Don't forget to post some pictures of some of your projects. We do love pictures around here.

Have fun and stay safe around those power tools!

Wayne

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to woodworking and to this great site. Please, please don't hesitate to ask anything that's on your mind regarding woodworking. Everyone here is more than willing to help in any way they can.

Bill

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
Hello and welcome to the North Carolina Wood Working family. Yes, many times it feels just like family, the good and bad parts, but mostly the good. Enjoy your time here, but don't take every post as the gospel truth for you; you will find that different people have different methods to arrive at the same place - hmmm, just like life. Use what works for you!
Russ

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome Annette! We love questions and we love pictures of work (no matter how rustic). You are actually ahead of me in building furniture - I've only made props for the college theater dept. I hope you enjoy the group!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS