Newbie in Mebane

Vbwiley92

New User
Wiley
Hello All,

I stumbled onto this forum and wow am I glad that I did. I used to spend a lot of time on the Garage Journal Forum, but I really like this one and how welcoming everyone is. I'm a beginner and doing it as a hobby when I have free time. I have two young children, so time is very limited and while I'm currently working from home due to COVID, it's been a very busy year, to say the least.

Professionally, I work as a housing administrator at UNC, so woodworking is purely a hobby and a welcome excuse to buy a few tools to complete projects around the house.

Best,

Wiley

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Wiley. You have found the most enabling group on the web!

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Many around these north parts. I am in Hillsborough. Wonderful hobby. As you get into it, your wife will be happy as she knows where all your spare time and money is going. :)

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Wiley- Welcome, do not hesitate to ask question, we all will help when possible, glad you are here.

Vbwiley92

New User
Wiley
Thanks, everyone. Aside from there being no room in the garage, she is generally supportive. She even let me buy a SawStop last year for my birthday. It might help that she is an orthopedic nurse that works for a hand surgeon.

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Welcome Wiley, I may have met your wife on one of the two times (kitchen & shop) I shortened my digits.:oops:

ratneri

New User
ilya
I'll piggy back. Also a newbie from Raleigh. Trying to build up a modest half-one-car-garage shop, and fashion some objects out of wood. Current project is a silverware divider for one of our drawers. Pretty straight forward, but it's amazing how hard it is to measure everything right when you start routing dados into everything! Great to be here.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS