Newbie here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
Hi all, wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chris Jones, but everyone calls me "Jonz" (too dang many named Chris). Found this place on a recommendation when I was inquiring about joining TWA, although I think I have stumbled over here from Woodnet before.

I'm a garage worker, I seem to be constantly reorganizing but have most of the basics, and for the past year have been really interested in working with hand tools. I'm still in that pesky stage that 99% of my projects are shop projects.

I was a trim carpenter for years among many other things, but really want to explore designing/building furniture. When the internet went crazy I left the trades and in about 1997 I started designing web sites for a living, and have since.

I look forward to "meeting" some locals.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Welcome, Glad to have your here. We're a small group but friendly and helpful. Let me know if I/we can to anything to help.

Monty

New User
Monty
Jonz said:
I'm still in that pesky stage that 99% of my projects are shop projects.
Tell me about it... :roll: I'm in the same boat as you. I've seen you over in the HT forum - glad to have you contributing over here too!

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
insomniac said:
Tell me about it... :roll: I'm in the same boat as you. I've seen you over in the HT forum - glad to have you contributing over here too!

"contribute" is a strong word for what I do :lol:

There are always folks around that know tons more than I do so I tend to stay in shut up and learn mode.

Last edited:

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
Welcome to the board :saw:. You are far from the only one who is in the "building a shop phase here" (myself included).

Please jump in and have fun :D

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Jonz, Welcome!!!!!!!!!!! We appreciate input of all types. You don't need to know the answer to your question before you post it here, and around here there is no stupid questions. We welcome all skill levels....heck I'm here and they ain't ran me off yet. So give us your .02 worth when the spirit moves you, it will always be appreciate. P.S. You will never finish building shop projects, once you think you do, it will be time to modify something to be better. Dave:)

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
DaveO said:
You will never finish building shop projects, once you think you do, it will be time to modify something to be better. Dave:)

I think you may be right there Dave. But I have to get building some good projects...I'm tired of family members coming over and seeing tools everywhere, and they say "what have you been working on?...and I point at my handsaws hanging on the wall. They say "you built it with saws?" and I say no, that's IT, I built that board with dowels stuck in it they're hanging on. :lol:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Jonz,

Welcome to NC Woodworkers. I consider myself the least skilled member of this board. I joined to make others feel better about themselves :oops:

LOML says: "You spend hours in the shop, but you don't ever make anything". She doesn't realize I'm in there making MISTAKES :eusa_sile

Sapwood

R

rickc

Naw - you're not making mistakes. You're perfecting the techniques of a master woodworker. Don't happen overnight!

Jay

New User
Jay
Sapwood I thought I was making mistakes too but I do like rcorne's philosophy better. I am going to borrow that if you don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS