newbe woodchuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

theartfullturner

New User
John
I have enjoyed finding this web site and joining as a new member. I am very intrested in woodturning, carving, woodworking, and gaining knowledge and information from all of you 'pros' out there. I am active with the Charlotte woodturning club and have served as Treasure and now the VP. I love teaching and promoting woodturning and hope someday to prefect my turnings and skills for the enjoyment of others as well as myself. I would love to turn for a living [travel expenses] and travel with my wife and 2 pups when I retire. My real profession is landscaping so I have an unlimited source of wood [who wants more?] and I was tired of seeing it go to waste. Now, I am a professed wood addict. My drug is turning and meeting others who are interested in sharing knowlege and teaching others the joys of woodworking. The biggest challenge is creating something special and figuring out what the wood will give you. I am experimenting with differant forms and finishes. I am open for a 'big fix' for my addiction in this so send me advice and or any comments that you may have. I would enjoy taking turning to the next level and meeting the other woodchucks in this world.

May your wood be true,

John

John

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, we can always use another turner here. Sorry about the belated posting, but I explained what happened in a PM to you.

BTW, I sure sure DaveO will be chiming in shortly, since he also a Landscape designer and seems to have fixation on answering every post:rolf:

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Welcome John! I'd be careful spouting phrases like "unlimited wood" around here, you may have to start sharing!

I've never used a lathe before and I'm beginning to fear it based on all of the reports of addiction...
Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your work.
-Chris

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome, again John! I think that you will find many excellent turners around here, I am not one, but inspire to be someday. I look forward to your input around here

Steve, yes I do try to answer every post, even the ones that aren't meant to be replied to:eusa_doh: , it's a compulsion:oops: I just can't stop.

Dave(just can't shut-up)O :)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site John. I have turned exactally 1 pen in my life to date. But I took one of Woodguy1975's pen turning classes, and now have myself a lathe on order. It was not hard to get me hooked. I'm sure I'll have millions of turning questions in my quest for turning experience.

Now.. about that unlimited supply of wood.....

Welcome!!!

sapwood

New User
Roger
theartfullturner said:
Now, I am a professed wood addict. My drug is turning and meeting others who are interested in sharing knowlege and teaching others the joys of woodworking. . . . I would enjoy taking turning to the next level and meeting the other woodchucks in this world.

May your wood be true,

John

Another welcome and can't wait for you to post some pics of your turning, or just your wood!

I've been lucky enough to be a recipient of some of the "sharing". So I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get your prescriptions filled here :mrgreen:

Why Not?
Sapwood

b4man

New User
Barbara
Welcome John! Not that I have the authority since I just joined yesterday. However, if they give you the same attention as me, by tomorrow you'll feel at home.

Barbara

B

buddyw

Another Welcome from a very new newcomer. I look forward to seeing some of your turnings in the gallery.

Buddy

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome! Great to have another turner among us. Dare I call myself even a newbie turner yet? Is there a test for entry level? Actually I've only turned a few pens and one garden dibble (and no I have not and will not post that picture). I also took WG's class and it re-inforced my developing addiction. I'm sure we'll learn a lot from you and you'll certainly enjoy this crew. Again, welcome aboard!

theartfullturner

New User
John
Thanks to all of you for making me feel at home. I am honored at the request to see some of my work. I am leaving for a trip to Fla. tomorrow and will return in a week. I will post a couple of items when I return if I can figure out how to do it. I am sure that I will return with sand, left over Turkey, and a couple of pieces of wood in the back of my truck. It just runs better with new wood in the back. Even though I have an unlimited source of wood, I am sure that I will look for more and the challenge of turning something new. I am glad so many people are interested in turning, it can be real fun and rewarding. Happy Hollidays to all.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS