New Yankee Woodturner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Chiz

New User
Phil
Hi Ya'll, Nuther new guy here.

I'd like to thank Steve Coles and DaveO' for the invite and welcome.

My name is Phil, from North Andover Ma. I spend most of my shop time Turnin' wood, I'm not much of a Flatliner,but do have a tablesaw to hold my Turnin'Tools. :mrgreen:
After I figger out which buttons to push,I'll try to post some pics.

Thanks for puttin' up with me for this long. ;-)

Chiz.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Phil. We're glad you could join this mess of fellow dust makers. Hope you'll enjoy it here and will chip in when possible.

Rob

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Welcome!

Ya'll? Do you originate south of the Mason-Dixon? 'Cause ya don't hear that much from those north of it:-D

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Jerry, perhaps he is just trying to speak the language, though, one must consider that he used 'hi' instead of 'howdy', sure sign he is not local, or had not spent much time here

Welcome to the gang Phil! We look forward to your pics and input:eusa_danc

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Chiz, it is an honor to have you as a member. Now my turnings are goin got look huge :lol: :lol: :lol: I have been a long time admirer of your work, and your one of the reason my wife is in such great shape...."Hey Honey, come look at this, it's unbelievable".
Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Mister Sir Chiz :icon_thum
I'll do my best to type without a drawl :lol:

Roger (who gets dizzy watching things spin :drunken_s)

Sir Chiz

New User
Phil
Thanks for the welcome, I think I picked up "Ya'll" from watching Ellie-May Clampett. ;-) However, I am from south of the Mass n' Noo Hamshah line. :mrgreen:
I spoke with EagleSC on the phone a coupla years back, I still haven't figured out what he said. :lol: :lol:

Well,it's 14 degrees out, how's about a little shooter to warm the innerts?? :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Bloodwood_Goblets.jpg
    Bloodwood_Goblets.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 164

DaveO

New User
DaveO
For all y'all big spenders, that's a Nickle those are sitting on. Chiz has got the biggest money around. Now you see why I make my wife get up all the time to see 8-O 8-O 8-O

I still have a hard time figuring out what Eagle is saying, but it's because he is talking about how he does his pens....way over my head :icon_scra

Dave:)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
a NICKLE?!? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil, where does one find such small turning tools???? and how does one mount such small pieces to a lathe?

dozer

Mike
Welcome Phil, I look forward to seeing lots of pictures of your work and hopefully learning somethings along the way.

Sir Chiz

New User
Phil
Wow,thanks again folks. :)
Most of my tiny Turnin's come from pen blanks,quartered lenghtwise on the bandsaw, and held with pin jaws. I use a 1/4" skew and gouge for most of the turning, plus some home made tools shaped from masonry nails and metal lathe bits,hacksaw blade, ground as needed.

Here's a pic of the masonry nail tools, and a loose ring goblet turned from a piece of beef bone.
Oh,and a little red wine. :mrgreen:

Thanks again!! :)

Attachments

• Beef_Bone_Mini.jpg
    Beef_Bone_Mini.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Mini_Tools.sized.jpg
    Mini_Tools.sized.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Bloodwood.jpg
    Bloodwood.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 143