New Workbench- Photo Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolina

Chris
User
I thought that I would share some photos of my recently completed dream workbench. I spent several months working out the details of the bench to suit my needs/desires. The bench top and base were built from 8/4 Hard Rock Maple and Purpleheart. The drawer fronts and raised panels are Ambrosia Maple. Drawers are from spalted maple. The main vise is an original Emmert K-1 Patternmakers vise. The tail vise hardware came from Lee Valley.
Workbench-9.jpg

View image in gallery

eyekode

New User
Salem
Woah... nice one. If planning took a couple months how much time do you think you have in making it! Loverly!

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Nice bench - Do you plan on covering the top with anything like hardboard or something that's throw away? I would be afraid to do any actual WW'ing on that bench, might scratch or dent the top.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Dang. Drool. Double Dog Dang.

That is one spectacular bench!

Congrats on a job well done!

Jim

muztangFB

Joshua
Senior User
Wow. If I had a bench that nice, I would have to eat dinner at it and carry the dining room table out to the shop. Congrats on a job very well done.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
That's probably the most beautiful work bench I've ever seen. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up However, I don't think I could do any work on it. :nah: Just too beautiful...

Dudelive

New User
Dude
Nice bench - Do you plan on covering the top with anything like hardboard or something that's throw away? I would be afraid to do any actual WW'ing on that bench, might scratch or dent the top.
:widea::widea:

+1

So you gonna beat on it and allow glue to accidentally drip:no: not to mention varnishes and other liquids.:nah:

That is a nice work piece you made. Something that nice needs plans to go by.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Oh, man, that is absolutely gorgeous. :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum Like several others said, I'd have to move that inside the house and just stare at it. Too nice to actually work on. :wsmile:

Great job!!!

Bill

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
Double WOW! That belongs in a gallery not a workshop. I agree with the others about getting tools close to it, I wouldn't get anything done (not that I do now), just sit all day and admire it.

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Sell it

to a collector or someone with a lot of money or move that into the dining room and then build a "work" bench. :eusa_danc

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Are you serious! I mean dude, that bench in freaking awesome. You could just sit there and stare at it all day long.
As good as that looks, I wouldn't even want to put a coffee cup on it with out a coaster.
WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS