New Workbench (Gloat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
Landed this for $100. Owner was selling because he did not want to take it along on his move to Florida. Top is from an old bowling lane, 2 1/4" thick, 44" wide and 74" long. Came with 2 Columbian undermount vises, those alone are worth over the $100 I paid.​

0262.jpg

0271.jpg

0283.jpg

0291.jpg

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Wow, that is one solid looking bench. And you're right, the vises alone are worth the price. :icon_cheers

Bill

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
I am planning on building a new base from oak or maple. Also want to build some closed storage underneath too. Not sure of the storage design but probably drawers on one half and shelves on the other half. Any suggestions for that would be appreciated.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
........ Any suggestions for that would be appreciated.

John.

Great bench!

As a suggestion. I have an assembly table that was wide open on the bottom (a serious junk collector). I just built a very simple box of drawers and slid it under the top and screwed it down. It has proven very functional and a good way to organize some of the smaller tools.

DSC00666.JPG

100_2078.jpg

100_2079.jpg

I just used some 3/4 birch plywood and some 16" Accuride slides and finished the drawer fronts with plain 'ol blonde shellac.

You could divide the space under the bench with a set of drawer boxes on one side with open shelves on the other out of some nice maple or oak plywood.

Wayne

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
John.

Great bench!

As a suggestion. I have an assembly table that was wide open on the bottom (a serious junk collector). I just built a very simple box of drawers and slid it under the top and screwed it down. It has proven very functional and a good way to organize some of the smaller tools.

DSC00666.JPG

100_2078.jpg

100_2079.jpg

I just used some 3/4 birch plywood and some 16" Accuride slides and finished the drawer fronts with plain 'ol blonde shellac.

You could divide the space under the bench with a set of drawer boxes on one side with open shelves on the other out of some nice maple or oak plywood.

Wayne

Wayne, that is exactly what I was thinking of. Thanks for sharing... I may check back with you when I get closer to undertaking the project.

WNC_Dave

New User
David
Great Score. Check out the shaker bench at Bencrafted's Website. May give you ideas for the drawer/shelf configuration. I like the idea of a removable storage box incase you need to break down the bench for movement. would really help to lighten it up if you ever decided to rearrange the shop.

Dave

jhreed

New User
james
John great table unbelievable price. Go with Canuck and use drawers. When you get my age, you do not want to get on your knees to see what is under there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS