New woodworker from the Triad

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbounds

New User
Frank
Hello from the Triad area! I joined a while back and decided that I should finally introduce myself.

I have done small woodworking projects for a long time but finally decided to get more serious about it. My shop, for years, was disorganized and honestly too frustrating to do much work there. About a year ago I decided to get serious, get organized and start building my shop out. I established a place for things on pegboard and french cleats where I could put my hands on them. That was inspiring enough to keep me going. It is a much better space now and I really enjoy spending time there. It still has a long way to go but that is part of the fun.

My long term goal is musical instrument building. I have a guitar kit partially done from a few years ago and now feel more inspired to work on it. I just built a dedicated assembly table and that turned out to be the missing link. Just having a consistent workspace will help quite a lot.

Below is a picture of the Paulk inspired assembly table I am working on. I like the cubby holes to keep things handy but off of the work surface. Getting close to being finished. Putting several coats of polyurethane on top and will seal the rest with a layer or two of the finish.

attachment.php

I look forward to learning more and makin' sawdust!

Attachments

• Woodshop_Work_Table_sm.png
    Woodshop_Work_Table_sm.png
    384.7 KB · Views: 250

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice work on the bench Frank, and welcome aboard. I'm just up the road in King.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Looks like it will do the job Frank! Nice! Welcome back! Keep up the photos as they are also inspiring to other woodworkers.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Frank. Glad you joined and have decided to participate. Don't know if you can make it or not, but a group of us meets once a month for lunch at the Farmer's Market on the west side of Greensboro. We'd love to have you join us. Just watch the forums for an announcement ahead of the 3rd Thursday of each month.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Welcome to the forum from another Winston Salem sawdust maker. What area of WS are you in? Maybe we'll have a shop meet sometime in the near future!

Glad you could join us and definitely check out some of our events. They are quite a fun way to meet the gang.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome to the sawdust pile Frank. We do Love pics. Heres an Invite to you...Come out to the Stokes Stomp in Danbury next weekend and give us a hand...meet some fellow woodworkers....and have a great time. Love to have you

fbounds

New User
Frank
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Grimmy2016: I live down in Davidson County near Wallburg.
Bill Clemmons: Thanks for the lunch invite at the Farmers Market. I'll try to make it sometime if I can work it out.
Golfdad: Thanks for the invitation to come up to Stokes Stomp. Can't make it that weekend but thanks for the invite.

I look forward to learning from the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS