New Virginia Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

09woodie22

New User
Gabe
Hello all! Just joined in... work in N.C., have family in Hickory, so connections a natural. Work close to Wall Lumber in Mayodan. I am older... actually old enough to be a Vietnam Vet -- someone asked me if we still used swords then! They weren't serious.

Built a shop over the winter and am just researching my major equipment needs. So many choices! Am thinking about Rikon bandsaw, dedicated Jet dust collection, Grizzly jointer. Whatcha think?

Have been collecting and 'rehabbing' old wood planes and chisels for a few years.

Look forward to meeting some of you in Hickory in October!

09woodie22 :eusa_danc

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Gabe welcome to our virtual family. Many VN era vets or old enough to be VN era here. Thanks for serving.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome Gabe,

I also live in VA and work in NC. Hoping to change that someday.

Maybe you can meet some of us locals at Greensboro.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to this great site, Gabe. We love pics, so show us some of the planes you've been restoring. And as far as spending money on new power tools, we'd be happy to help spend your money. :gar-La;

Bill

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Gabe. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap You've found a wonderful group of folks here. It's great that you could join us. :icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Gabe!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your plane and chisel collection some day on here.

Sounds to me that your power equipment choices will make for some longterm woodworking enjoyment.

Wayne

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Hello there,you've found a fine group of folks here.Post some of your planes so we can drool on our keyboards some.
Tony

Cato

New User
Bob
Hey Gabe,

See that I am now not the only member from Martinsville!!

Welcome, its a good group of guys here, and I like it because it feels local rather than people all across the country or world for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors