New truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
I participated in several "what vehicle to buy" threads over the last couple years, so figured I better 'complete the circle' and tell that I finally bought a pickup truck. It's a 2010 Toyota Tundra crewcab (aka "CrewMax"), 4x2 with the big 5.7L engine.

I bought a pretty basic model - although that isn't saying much the way the base models are equipped. I had wanted the smaller 4.6L engine, but they are pretty much impossible to find in the crewcabs.

This truck is sprung almost as high as domestic 1/2 ton 4x4s, so I have installed after market running boards already. I have ordered a DIY spray-in bedliner kit, and ordered the parts for a GPS+backup camera.

Should be a good workhorse.

-Mark

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Just in case you couldn't see the truck coming already, I got it in bright red !

-Mark

Tundra_side_640.jpg

Rob

New User
Rob
I've heard good things about those trucks, though I would prefer a long bed.

Aboutthe DIY bedliner kit, prep work is the key, make sure you clean and sand the bed good.

Congrats, purty truck.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Hey Mark, congratulations on the new truck. Looks very sharp! :icon_cheers Mind if I ask where you got the aftermarket running boards? I've got an '07 Tundra extended cab (not the crew cab) w/ the long bed, and I absolutely love it. But like you said, it's kinda high and LOML is kinda short. She's about reached the point of refusing to ride in it if I don't do something to help her get in.

Bill

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
I would have liked a 6.5' bed, but not an option on the Tundras in the crewcab body style. However, with the tailgate down, I get 7.5' of bed length - I sure hope thats enough.

Bill - the running boards are Steelcraft 3" nerf bars in stainless steel. I bought them here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130410580209

Best price I found (especially with Bing cashback until July 30). Delivery was fast and the product was well packaged.

-Mark

jhreed

New User
james
That is a good looking truck. I know you will enjoy it. The color could not be better. You will not lose it in a parking lot.
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS