New Tractor Supply Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
Up here in rural VA shopping choices are rather limited so I rejoice when a new vendor comes to town. :eusa_danc Tractor Supply has opened a new store on Rt. 58 in South Hill /LaCrosse and today, Saturday, and Sunday they are offering 10% off your total first purchase plus they are having a drawing for some pretty neat stuff including a log splitter and chain saw. For those unfamiliar with TSC they have a varied product line and IMHO one of their greatest draws is that they sell many common fasteners by the pound. :wsmile:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I shop the one in Albemarle for all my bolts, some screws and other farm and outdoor related stuff. Good outfit! :icon_thum

Glennbear

Glenn
That'd be a good place for you to work part time, Glenn!:wsmile:
Thanks for the suggestion Reggie, I had applied as soon as the store location was announced but to no avail. :no: Despite federal law to the contrary methinks that age discrimination is alive and well in corporate America. Oh well, 26 more days until the first Social Security payment hits my bank and a part time job will not be needed. Besides I have become active with our local recently restored theater. :gar-Bi

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
Up here in rural VA shopping choices are rather limited so I rejoice when a new vendor comes to town. :eusa_danc Tractor Supply has opened a new store on Rt. 58 in South Hill /LaCrosse and today, Saturday, and Sunday they are offering 10% off your total first purchase plus they are having a drawing for some pretty neat stuff including a log splitter and chain saw. For those unfamiliar with TSC they have a varied product line and IMHO one of their greatest draws is that they sell many common fasteners by the pound. :wsmile:

Congrats Glenn! One other thing to note about TSC is that they sell Grade 5 and Grade 8 hardware which HD and Lowes typically do not carry. And buying hardware buy the pound saves a ton of $$$. I always stock up on hardware when I drive by the one in Fuquay-Varina.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I'm with you, Glenn. Tractor has everything from jeans (I like Schmidt workwear) & shirts, to parts for your tractor, lawn mowers/blowers/sprayers, weed killer & insecticide, birdseed, and losts of stuff for chickens and livestock.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Thanks for the suggestion Reggie, I had applied as soon as the store location was announced but to no avail. :no: Despite federal law to the contrary methinks that age discrimination is alive and well in corporate America.

Don't let them get you down! I can attest that the same is true for those with disabilities as well. One of these days we will (hopefully) come to appreciate the value of a diverse workforce.

Personally, despite being relatively young (39), I often enjoy being served by older and/or semi-retired individuals so long as they know their product or service and treat me with courtesy. Certainly more so than some teens and employees who could care less.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that something pans out for you. Hopefully now that our economy is beginning to turn around more employment opportunities will follow. As someone who can no longer work, it really tortures me to see so many people desperate for jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS