New Toys & First Shooting Board Success

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
So I took birthday & Christmas funds to get a few nice to haves. Veritas Low Angle Jack Plane w/ PM-V11 blade, Veritas Router Plane w/ fence, and Veritas Honing Guide (I'm not good enough to go by hand and not enough time to practice and my cheap honing guide couldn't handle my new 1/8" chisel).

I was asked to make a picture frame right when I had finished building my first shooting board w/ right angle attachment for my new plane. Fun quick projects for crazy busy times when it's hard to get any shop time in. My first time shooting miters or right angles. Very therapeutic...

New Toys Pics
IMG_37781.JPG

IMG_37792.JPG

IMG_37801.JPG

IMG_37812.JPG

Shooting Board
IMG_38621.JPG

IMG_38921.JPG

IMG_3898.JPG

IMG_3899.JPG

Loving the tight miters !
IMG_3897.JPG

IMG_39042.JPG

IMG_39031.JPG

IMG_E3895.JPG

IMG_39051.JPG

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Wow! Very nice planes, I am sure you will enjoy using them and appreciate the results (e.g. "tight miters"). Also, it appears you took your time and built a great shooting board....thanks for sharing!

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Nice score and a good spend...Happy Bd and Xmas to you. Now you have even better reasons to go up the road about 9 miles to Steve Wall Lumber.

Nicely done tight miters too!

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
Sorry but I’ve had zero time. In process of moving and taking down my shop/selling off my machinery and putting the rest in storage. I’ll be keeping the hand tools nearby so I can hone my hand cut skills until I can get a new place & new shop.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looking good, sorry your having break down your space, here's hoping you can build and move into your new one soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS