Woodtek Matchmaker

It looks like it just came out of the box:

1572216599379.png

1572216631813.png

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow, that looks brand new. Had to Google it to figure out what it does, essentially it's a colorful JDS multi router :)

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Wow, that looks brand new. Had to Google it to figure out what it does, essentially it's a colorful JDS multi router :)

My intention is to use it as a 3-axis loose tenon mortiser. I think I can size it for Dominos or make my own tenons. It can also cut the tenons with the provided templates like these.

1572269386496.png

Other sizes are available from Woodtek who still support the product. It looks like you can easily make your own custom templates. It can do dovetails but didn't come with the optional guides. It did come with the guide to make this joint. I might try it someday.

1572268939015.png

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Oooh... Combine this with a 3D printer to create the templates and the possibilities are endless! :)
No!!! A tool like this is supposed to SAVE you time. If you add in the 3D printer it'll COST you time :D

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
My woodworking son has gone high-tech on me. He is now using an assemble it your self CNC & a full size 3-D printer. Time stands still for no one. I don't know who said this quote. (it had to be somebody important), but it's true.

Pop :cool:

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Time stands still for no one. I don't know who said this quote. (it had to be somebody important), but it's true.

It's attributed to Geoffrey Chaucer from The Canterbury Tales in the prelude to "The Clerk’s Tale," c. 1395.

“For thogh we slepe, or wake, or rome, or ryde,
Ay fleeth the tyme; it nyl no man abyde.”

For though we sleep, or wake, or roam, or ride,
The time will fly; it will wait for no man.

Charles Dickens recycled it in his novel Martin Chuzzlewit (1844):

"Time and tide will wait for no man, saith the adage. But all men have to wait for time and tide."

In this case "tide" has nothing to do with the sea, but means season or time as in the word yuletide - Christmastime.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS