New tool gloat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

Was at an auction house picking up my new treadmill and saw this little lathe all alone on a shelf. I have been wanting a metal lathe for some time now. This one from HF is $500 new. When I asked how much he said haw about $125.00! I held my composer and okay, I'll take it. It is missing a few small handle pieces. It was unused.

image_2631.jpg

manfre

New User
Manfre
Good score. Maybe it could have been better if you had a 20% coupon with you. :p

Do you have projects planned for it or was it more of wanting the metal lathe and the opportunity presenting itself? I'm spared by my lack of space, time and projects that would justify the purchase. The only project where I would need a lathe was making custom face plates/jigs for my wood lathe, but I found a spindle tap so I can make them out of wood.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Tom,

Congrats! :icon_thum:icon_thum :tool:

I have one myself, and love to make custom parts for jigs, tools, etc.....

Especially custom knobs requiring threading, etc.......

Lemme know what projects you plan to make. Always interesting.

M

T

toolferone

Do you have projects planned for it or was it more of wanting the metal lathe and the opportunity presenting itself? .

Always wanted one and the opportunity was too good to pass up.
I took the one year machinist degree program at Wake Tech back in !992. Let's see if I remember any of it.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
What a great score, Tom. :icon_thum I keep thinking I'd like to have a metal lathe, but then I realize I don't have anywhere to put it. :gar-La;

Bill

Glennbear

Glenn
Congratulations Tom, :eusa_clap now you can start drooling over the metal tooling sections of the Grizzly catalog. :gar-La;

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Tom,

Here's a link for a great site that specializes in small metal working tools,

Particularly your lathe: www.littlemachineshop.com

They have accessories, add on parts, etc.... . They are California based, so shipping takes a week or so., other than that a great site.

I've gotten items from them before, and like their service as well.

Good Luck,
M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors