New to wood working

Rcase13

New User
Rcase13
I am just starting out and wanted to start small. Going to build some speaker stands and start building garage cabinets etc. I don't have planer yet so can't start with rough sawn. Where is the best place to buy planed oak, maple and cabinet grade plywood in the Charlotte Huntersville area?

JSJ

Jeff
Corporate Member
For cabinet grade plywood I'd try Catawba Hardwoods in Conover or Wurth Wood Group in Charlotte (near the airport).

Rcase13

New User
Rcase13
Thank you, I drive by Huntersville Hardwoods all the time. What do they sell? Do they sell to the public?

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
With no power tools you have the oppertunity to learn the more ZEN way. A good Diston, #4 bedrock plane...

You can get 4s oak at the BORG, but it tends to look like a cork-screw. Every now and again, they will get a load of maple and I even saw a load of walnut at a Lowe's in Md. I should have bought all of it but was in the process of moving here.

I get my wood from The Hardwood store, but it is a long haul for you.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum !

Catawba is consistent in what they sell. When I lived in that area There was a guy near Troutman that milled his own and advertised on Craigslist. It was decent wood with better pricing. Also check out Craigs.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS