New to the forum, here's one of my projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverstwo

New User
Randy
Hello all, I'm new on the forum. A friend recommended I put this album on here, it's photos from the build on a bookcase I finished a while back. Here's a link to the album: https://imgur.com/a/LrL1t

Photo of the finished project is attached to this post. Thanks for taking a look, I look forward to learning from you guys.

Attachments

• qwe8XMd - Imgur.jpg
    qwe8XMd - Imgur.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 181

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Welcome to NCWW.
A hand-tool only bookcase? Very nicely done.
Keep making, and posting. I especially appreciate the in progress pics.

Danny Batchelor

Danny
User
The bookcase looks great. A job well done with lots of labor. That’s a pretty good looking walnut board you started with.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Welcome Randy and kudos to you for a very nice job with that Ikea stuff and no instructions. You'll remain anonymous with your Lone Ranger/Zorro mask as well.

Nice WIP detailing your work too. It's clear that you're not new to hand tools so how'd you get started on that little journey (but you're also hinting at using some power tools too)? Are those Narex bench chisels for the dados before the router plane pic?

...and the rest of the story...the finish that I used is...

riverstwo

New User
Randy
Thanks! The build (and album) we're a lot of fun. I started using hand tools because I thought they were cool, and I can work with my kids in the shop. I've stuck with it because I like it much better, to me hand work is much more rewarding. I do have a jointer, planer, and table saw that I use sparingly because I'm not doing this professionally and can't spend all my time in the shop. None of these we're used on this project though.

Yes, those are the Narex chisels. They're very well made and I'm super happy with them.

The finish is three coats of Waterlox Original, I'm very happy with that too. I did dull it down a bit with superfine steel wool after the last pic, but the Waterlox did a really good job of hiding the fact that I'm really bad at finishing.

Thanks again.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome to our sawdust pile Randy. Very niceworkon the bookcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS