New to site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Warren
Corporate Member
Hi, I recently moved to this area (eastern Wake) after retiring. After many, many years I finally have my shop close to completion. Each new project requires things I need(?). As money and opportunity arose, I have added to the shop. Before we moved, I make a complete set of kitchen cabinets using melamine and European hardward. Of course that required a sliding table for the cabinet saw and is has been of the best accessories I have. Later, I looking to sell or trade some redundant equipment I no longer use.

I currently need a local source for lathe instructions that will not break the bank. I would like to make some rocking chairs and side chairs. I have made a Shaker stool, but it leaves a lot to be desired. :thumbs_do

Good to be here.:wsmile:
Warren

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Hello Warren, glad you are with us.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding some local turners. I think there is also a club that meets at NC State (not sure the name).

Look forward to seeing what you make, we do so love our pics here!

Jim

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Warren. There are plenty of gifted turners in your area. It is great to have you here. :icon_thum

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Warren, I am glad you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums.
See you around!!!!

JRD

New User
Jim
Warren,

I strongly suggest the classes at the NC State Craft Center.

When I first received a lathe as a Christmas gift from my wife, she insisted on
the classes. I do not regret it at all.

Classes are relatively low in cost and cover all the basics, although at times there is a waiting list to get in.

Welcome!

Jim

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Warren, welcome! At least you're buying tools to support the projects you have a need for...I sometimes wonder if I'm selecting projects solely for the purpose of acquiring more tools :tool:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Warren!!!:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

I look forward to reading more of your posts and seeing some photo's of your work.

Post often and enjoy.

Wayne

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Warren, I too live in eastern Wake County, so welcome neighbor. You have stumbled across a great site.

I know that Bill and Jim Wallace are teaching their woodturning class at the NC State Crafts Center. I took their class 3 years ago and highly recommend it. You'd be hard pressed to find a better deal. We did however concentrate on bowl turning, but they are seasoned professionals who could coach you on your interest of spindle turning.

The class actually begins tomorrow evening. If you're interested, check out the site for contact info: www.ncsu.edu/crafts

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I want/need "turning learning" too. So I just called over to the NC State Craft Center to check availability; Unfortunately the Woodturning class is full.

Henry

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I live in Northern Wake County right next to Wake Forest. I am willing to have a couple of people over and go through some hands on help/demonstrations on turning.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome, Waren. You will find a few "enablers" around Wake County, only too happy to help on your way down that slippery slope known as turning. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS