New to North Carolina Woodworker's Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinsfan2007

New User
Tiff
Hello Everyone,

I have lived in NC for almost 7 years now and really enjoy the outdoors, So much so I started a Landscape Company with my husband so we can be outdoors all the time. We have 7 chickens, 1 Great Dane, and 10 year old twins that race Bandolero's full time.

- Tiffany

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Tiffany. What kind of woodworking are you involved in right now?

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard Tiffany. Your introduction sounds like you are very busy lady. You are not alone, there are quite a few lady woodworkers here who will be glad to welcome you too. Wishing your sons good luck in their Bandoleros racing, and you and your husband on all your other pursuits.

twinsfan2007

New User
Tiff
Hello Raymond,

I am completely new to wood working, However we just completed building a Chicken Coop as well as a deck.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum Tiff, feel free to ask questions, start discussions and share your projects

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Tiffany, welcome to NCWW. The "simplest" projects, like a chicken coop, often sharpen one's planning skills. They lead to bigger things, both in terms of size and complexity.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Welcome to NCWW Tiffany, glad you joined us too. You have some carpentry experience already with your new chicken coop and deck. Kudos to you and your husband!

I'm curious though, if you're completely new to woodworking what's now triggered your interest in woodworking? I'd like to...

make a cutting board for everyday kitchen use and a spice rack...

make a bookcase, coffee table or end table...

make picture frames...

other stuff like...?

Last edited:

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Tiffany, chicken coop and deck are both worthy projects. We had eggs this morning laid by Buff, our last chicken. Just so much better than what you buy. If you're not in the city limits, you might consider a rooster. His sound was so soothing but the coyotes decided his time was up, so no more cock-a-doodle-doo.

Roy G

crc

New User
Robin
Welcome, Tiffany!
Glad you joined us.
The folks here are super helpful if you ever have questions.
And as the others mentioned, don't be shy on sharing some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS