New to NC Woodworker

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardlongdraft

New User
Update your profile with your name
Hello all, I just joined today and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 49 (looking 50 in the eye) and I am from Oxford NC a small town about 50 miles north of Raleigh. I have been making sawdust for about 20 years and I stumbled across this site and decided to join. From what I can see there appears to be a lot of friendly folks on this forum. I hope I can learn some things from them and maybe return the favor for someone as well. I look forward to getting to know you all.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site. I am sure you will find lots of friendly and helpful people here. I think you'll find alot of regulars here are located in the triangle area. We look forward to getting to know you. Oh.. by the way, we love pictures of woodworking. Be sure to check out the galleries, and post some of your own...

yardlongdraft

New User
Update your profile with your name
Thanks for the warm welcome. Cskipper asked what kind of woodworking I do. That's a good question. I probably do too many kinds. I want to do all of them and of course that's not possible. Mainly I have just made standard sorts of cabinets, entertainment centers, beds, tables, and the like. Lately I have started to become intrigued with wood turning but I realize it will be a long journey to become proficient in this area. I hope this answers your question.

cskipper

Cathy
I have just started learning to turn pens and had my first class on spindle turning. It'll take a long time to get good at it - but what fun!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Oh, boy turning, that's a slippery slope, about as bad as hand tools. Good thing we have some very awesome turners here, who can help you in your journey to the poor house. I am dabbling in turning but am limited by my lathe and my budget. Welcome to the forum and we hope you will keep us posted on your advancements. I look forward to your input around here. Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS