New Style Unisaw

enobles

New User
Earl
Have a new used Unisaw. The new style with both handwheels on the front. I am finding that the round blade tilt angle indicator is about two degrees short. If I set the blade to zero, straight up with a square and set the red pointer to zero, then tilt the blade to 45 degrees with an angle square, the indicator stops at 43 degrees. I assume this is due to the cable that is used to pull the sprig loaded indicator.

Has anyone found a way to correct this issue? Is this a common issue for these saws.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
No experience with the new model but the older ones have stop collars that set the limits for 90 and 45. Sometimes sawdust gets caked up on the stops. Might just need cleaning

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
I too have an older style Unisaw, but never use or rely on the degree scale. A Wixey Digital Angle Cube takes all the guesswork out to 0.1 degree. I have set the stops in the saw so I can go beyond 45 and 90, and just use the Wixey gauge every time I change the blade angle. No more problem with the stops.

Charley

Skymaster

New User
Jack
If anything like my contractors, look at the top and you may see 2 allen screws,those are adjustments to set 45 and 90

Hjanes

Harlan
User
I second the use of "Wixey" to do accurate setups regardless of the mechanicals involved. it's a direct "Pre-Post" set of measurements independent of all the other variables. I have found surprisingly many other uses of this tool outside machine set up.

enobles

New User
Earl
I also use the Wixey. Blades are adjusted correctly to stop at 45 and 90 using the adjustment stops. The new style unisaw has a very large round scale that Delta touted as being a very fine adjustment. However, it is off by two degrees. If you adjust the point when at 0 and crank it to 45 the scale shows 43. Vise versus going the other way. The scale is driven by a cable that is in a groove inside the saw. When the blade is tilted the cable pulls the scale. When the blade is retuned to 0 the scale has a spring return. I may have some wood stuck in it.

Anyway, not a big issue, since I don't trust the scales on anything.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
It is easy for a Wixi to be slightly tilted ( in rotation) and be off a little. I wish they were built in.
There is enough flex in my trunnion that the stops can be off by half a degree.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS