New Site Up

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
If you were DQ in the old site, should you be on the new one?
Yes, you should be. I see a DQ banner under your Avatar. Most show as "New User" but that will be sorted out later. Ron is still working on the DQ emails to the vendors, but since it is an add/delete format only new DQ users will be affected and that should be rectified soon.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
It should be noted that links to the site internally have changed in some cases. I had a link to one of my gallery folders in a post and just edited that post to provide the correct link to the new gallery. Things should be fine going forward, but this will be a problem in some of the migrated posts.

Not a big issue in my opinion - people will need to use the search function to find where the described link really is rather than just selecting it. If this is our biggest problem then I'd say we're in good shape. Nothing is perfect, especially in computer software.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
First, many thanks for your effort making this transition happen. :) The smilies list is much shorter now, but probably sufficient.

I thought that the old site was only available to "staff and admins" but not to members. ????????

The old site is still around if there is some content that the import procedure missed that's must have.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Due to the shortening of the smilies list some of the imported posts don't show the missing ones correctly. Again a minor problem and great work Ron. This one might be fixable, but should be low on the priority list. Things such as :eusa_clap now show up in some posts.

Jeff, the old site should now be available to all in a read-only mode. I can't verify that as I have admin rights.

redknife

Chris
Corporate Member
Great job. I like the new site.

Q:is the new site font small within a post for others? I have a hard time reading the small thread text on the iPad ios12. I tried work-arounds but they are either tedious or blow the whole iPad screens up. For instance, if I do a side-by-side with Sawmill Creek, the font size within threads is perhaps a few points larger on the other site. Maybe it is a device specific issue.? Maybe there is a setting? Maybe if it is small for others it could be tweaked?
Thanks

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Chris, I find the font size very readable on my Android tablet, do not have an IOS device to try.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Due to the shortening of the smilies list some of the imported posts don't show the missing ones correctly. Again a minor problem and great work Ron. This one might be fixable, but should be low on the priority list. Things such as :eusa_clap now show up in some posts.

Jeff, the old site should now be available to all in a read-only mode. I can't verify that as I have admin rights.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Okay. How do I find the old site for read-only (go to http: xxxxxxx.yyy)? I'm curious about that and it's not a big deal now that Ron has the new site running. Thanks.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
old.ncwoodworker.net is the location of the old site. Although when I go to the site, I get a blank page with "file not found".

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
THANK YOU RON! I'm happy to see when I hit the backspace button, it only goes back 1 space, and not to the beginning of my text.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
old.ncwoodworker.net is the location of the old site. Although when I go to the site, I get a blank page with "file not found".

Make sure that your browser is not filling in things for you and that the URL is only "old.ncwoodworker.net" so you're not being redirected somewhere else. It also may take a short time (short being relative) for your DNS server to update with the new locations.

I few glitches but all in all I'm happy with the smoothness of the transition. Ron - you rock.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Had some trouble getting here, was getting the file not found error. Fortunately a google search got me to the Facebook page where I saw a suggestion from Scott.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
A Google search got me here too. Thanks to all for this upgrade. I imagine the Classified ads are forthcoming. You guys can't pull ALL the rabbits out of the hat at once...:D

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Many thanks to all for the hard work! I hope that the post count is able to be transferred; I worked hard to accumulate that many posts!

Please keep up the truly outstanding and unselfish contributions to this great site that we all enjoy so much.

Scott

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS